on 5 September 2009
Looks great, hats off to prestige for doing something different with what is normally a boring household item. Its plus points- Definitely the looks, it was purchased to go in a craft room but somehow doesn't look out of place in my traditional style kitchen (maybe Ill get another!). Its not the fastest to boil but it is a rather pleasing purring noise up to the boil rather than the clicking, cracking and gurgling noises that all my other previous metal kettles have made. The fill level indicator is well placed in the handle so it does not break up the design and the amber switch light is a pleasing change to the usual blues greens and reds. It also pours nicely and is well balanced so my weedy hands are not straining! On the minus side the lid feels flimsy and is a bit stiff (this may be a bit of newness) but it fills through the spout very easily although the instructions say not to do this. The coating is not as seamless or glossy as it appears in the picture but its still pretty darn close to it! I cant comment on how long it will last as I havent had it long enough!
Prestige may have hit on a good idea here, I suspect other printed designs would sell very well, can you imagine a Kath Kidson Roses, Emma Bridgwater crockery prints, The Muppets (or other popular retro things) or some pretty fabric pattern printed over a kettle? Primary coloured kettles are done by everyone Im surely there's a gap in the market?
All in all Im very happy with it, congratulations you clever designery person!
on 8 March 2013
I bought this product after a had a better branded kettle that lasted for 8 years. I hoped to get at least 5 yrs out of this one but in less than three the paint is peeling off, the light that comes on when you put it on has stopped coming on, and i have to put something heavy on the switch to stop it from clicking off. So although it looks pretty dont expect it to last beyond three yrs
on 9 April 2012
I have waited a long time for this kettle to come back in stock, it was well worth the wait.

The design on the kettle is fantastic and really stands out in the kitchen. Prestige is a qaulity brand, the kettle is well made, sturdy and much quiter when boiling than my last kettle.

This is a great product.
on 19 December 2009
I bought 'almond' colour kettle. . switch broke after 10 months of light use. . .and second one broke down with same problem out of guarantee. . .when it did work it was very noise. . .and enamel is delicate. Not any near worth the money. One star is for the look, making it an expensive ornament!
on 25 April 2010
This kettle is brill!! It looks really modern & it's not that loud wen boiling the only fault I can find is that it's really heavy even with no water in but u soon get used to it
on 3 December 2010
Really pleased with item. It looks great & feels good quality. Yes it is quite heavy but to me I prefer that as I think that this makes it more robust & hard wearing.
on 14 February 2011
This is a great kettle. Just what i wanted and was delivered to me very quickly.

I am very pleased with this product.
on 19 February 2015