on 3 January 2012
I got these about two years ago, and they work fine. The audio quality is remarkably good considering the price. I eventually broke them by damaging the jack and replaced them with similar £7.99 speakers from Argos. I'm returning the Argos ones because they just don't stand up to these. I figured - same price range, must be similar quality; I was wrong.

Either these speakers are really good for around £8 or the Argos ones are downright terrible.
VINE VOICEon 2 February 2013
When it comes to playing back sound on your computer your spoilt for choice. With hundreds of models and makes in the market ranging from the very basic costing a few pound, to the high end glamor models costing in some cases hundreds. These pair of "Genius SP-S110 100W Speakers" sit in the budget end of the scale and offer a no-frills options for your listening enjoyment.

Features of these speakers include an output of 1 watt RMS and a signal to noise ration of 70 decibels. To be be honest isn't likely to get you any noise complaints from neighbors, but is just about enough for someone sitting next to them to hear exactly what you want to hear without suffering bleeding eardrums. The speakers are magnetically shielded to stop the speakers picking up interference. Also included is a 3mm headphone jack for headphones / earphones at the front of one of the speakers for when those around you don't want to hear what your listening too.

Sound quality is average (while not being excellent) but at the same time I've heard worse in speakers more expensive. For the average user who wants to listen to a film, music or gaming then they will offer acceptable statifaction.

Build quality is as good as can be expected at this price bracket, they are plastic, not very attractive and unlikely to be able to withstand much in the way of damage. Again if you were to spend more on a set of speaker you would expect more, so I can't really fault them for it.

One drawback is that the audio cable between the two speakers is very short (roughly 45cm). This really isn't long enough and it mean that I couldn't have a speaker sitting to each side of my monitor (in the typical left/right configuration) as my monitor is two wide. There was also no possibility of using an audio extension cable as the cord is hardwired into the speakers themselves.

At least there were no drivers or software to install with the speakers. Just plug them in, switch them on and your ready to go with Windows automatically configuring them for you.

The bottom line is that they are a bit under whelming and basic but considering the cost and if your on a budget then these speakers are worth considering as a bare-bone set.
on 16 February 2012
These little speakers have but only one flaw,the cable between the actual speakers is just 50cm long ,not suitable for any kind of stereo creating environement,otherwise they are what you pay for,but there is no sound hiss or buzz while on power. 4/5 !
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 March 2012
We loved these speakers so much, we bought a second pair! Very good sound quality, and yes having the headset jack at the front if very handy (I do audio transcription), the length of the cable may be 50cm or so, and I note another reviewer has commented adversely on this, but we find it plenty long enough on both pcs.
on 17 September 2012
Genius SP-S110 100W Speakers - Black

Bought these to replace an old (£10) set that lasted me a good 10 years.
I was low on budget so thought these would do the trick.

You get what you pay for! And they're very cheap...

- No Base to speak of.
If you like music, you'll hate them. Extremely Treble heavy and adjustment through the OS doesn't help. They end up quite tinny with a very sharp metallic sound.

- Very Short Cables.
The 50cm between speakers is fine. But the Line-In and Power line are also Very short! I can barely have them on my desk!

Summary;
I think these are designed for very basic use, and probably for laptops. But to be honest built in speakers on any modern laptop will probably be better than these anyway.

If you're using these for Music or a Desktop PC - AVOID.
Only buy if for basic spoken word or if you're built in laptop speakers broke and you have little money...
on 24 April 2012
I was searching for speakers to connect with my Laptop. I saw this set and it wasn't the cheapest or the dearest. I purchased it and the quality of it's sound is loud and clear and the lead is at a acceptable length. You can adjust the sound and has an option to insert headphones for your ears only which is not mentioned in the product description. The only thing I would say not sure on the quality of the material used for the speakers - it doesn't feel thick enough but no damage at the moment. I would say I got my money's worth.
on 11 August 2012
These speakers are of amazing quality for such a low price. The sound is crystal clear with no buzzing, or other interference. I am so pleased with them that I intend to buy more. I ordered the speakers on the Friday morning and received them by standard delivery on the Saturday morning. I will buy from this supplier in the future.
Only one thing I can point out is that anyone expecting the speakers to be really loud will be dissappointed. To avoid this, they should be shown to have 1 watt of RMS output and 100 Watts of PMPO output.
on 14 September 2014
These little speakers are really good for there price and can go really loud too. They arrived quickly and are definitely worth the money.. Not much base on them but didn't expect that for the price anyway.
on 5 December 2014
I'm giving these five stars because they're value for money. Trust me, you're not dropping heavy base in a club with these, but if you want more volume than your computer or tv is kicking out then you're sorted. The sound isn't amazing, but they aren't Bose. You're getting perfectly serviceable speakers that will give you a significant increase in volume with basic quality sound. They're not surround sound either which is why you're not getting metres of cable. You get enough to plonk them either side of your tv or computer.
Came well packed, really easy to set up, made from cheap materials but how sturdy do you need something that sits still to be? Good buy, especially for students on a budget who just want to watch things on a laptop.
on 4 January 2016
These little speakers are fine but for this price do not expect them to be amazing with lots of bass and very loud.
Perfect for a small desktop computer where you need to hear system sounds etc but i would not want to listen to music on them for a long time.