on 30 November 2007
When I listened to the CD for the 1st time the hairs on the back of my neck stood up! I have the CD on in my car constantly and it's still happening. The vocals are dreamy and sound wonderful and clear. Well done Fron you've done it again, and astonishingly it's even better than the last! You are a fabulous example of a TRUE WELSH MALE VOICE CHOIR!!!!
on 20 November 2007
We bought the first 'Voices of the Valley' album in November last year, and associate that time with the music of the album, which we listened to throughout the holiday season and into the new year. Having just bought this second one, we are delighted to find the new one is at least as inspirational and uplifting as the first, and we look forward to a Christmas during which we will listen to and enjoy both!
Dove
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 November 2007
The first cd is still in the charts, so that speaks for itself as to how good it was. I think this one is just as good, if not even better and is out just in time for Christmas (would make an excellent gift)! They say that the welsh can sing and this is just further evidence for it - can't wait to see if they'll release a third one!
on 17 February 2009
A bit of a disappointment after the first CD. On the whole the selection of songs is good, but some of the arrangements detract from the voices - this is after all marketed as a traditional Welsh Male Voice choir.
on 22 November 2007
Just wonderful made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, "Land of my Fathers" just got to be at high volume and let it fill your soul, Wow!!
on 16 January 2008
I loved the first CD, but think this is very disappointing in comparison. The life and the passion of the first one seems lacking. There's too much emphasis on the backing and arrangements, and that then completely overshadows the choir. I personally think that the boys' voices don't need all that complicated background stuff at all. For me, it was boring, and completely unmoving, and definitely didn't showcase their wonderful voices.
on 19 November 2007
I bought this hoping that it would be as good as the first Voices Of The Valley album which I love. In my opinion this one is even better! The voices sound beautiful, the arrangements are wonderful and the choice of material is superb. From the soothing opening of Yesterday, to the rousing theme from Exodus and the beautiful lullaby Suo Gan, the music is full of emotion. Anyone who liked the first album will love this. HIGHLY recommended!
on 23 November 2007
This is an absolutely wonderful album. I did wonder whether it could possibly match up to their superb debut album - in actual fact it's surpassed it! The powerful, haunting sounds of this traditional Welsh choir are cleverly combined with a modern, subtle and uplifting production. I love the whole album but Yesterday and Amazing Grace particularly stand out for me. Have been playing it all week and just know it's going to provide the perfect backdrop to my family's Xmas celebrations!
on 17 April 2012
Bought for the one track, "How Great Thou Art", which featured in the BBC Radio 4 programme "Soul Music" on the hymn of the same name. This is great, as are all the songs sung by the "Fron Male Voice Choir". Unfortunately some of the tracks have female singers - trade descriptions!

There's also a cracking version of the tune "How Great Thou Art", played on slide guitar by Bryn Howarth. Check it out.
on 21 August 2010
his item was bought for my father as a gift for Christmas. Its not my usual kind of music but i decided to try it anyway to make sure it worked perfectly...
and im glad i did, i was totally blown away by the wonderfully powerful yet soothing voices of these very talented men....i was moved to tears!
if male voice choir is something which you enjoy listening to i can highly recommend this cd...