Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

All Angels
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 31 March 2016
With voices that blend into a masterpiece of crossover music, this is an excellent album to hear some of the most popular classical and unique interpretations of popular music. Beautiful.
on 11 November 2017
what you would expect from this group excellent
on 31 October 2017
Brilliant cd
on 14 June 2017
great
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 June 2008
`All Angels', released in November 2006 is the first of a five album deal which the group signed with the Universal Classics and Jazz label. The album reached number 9 in the UK Music charts, was nominated for `Album of the Year' at the Classical BRIT Awards in 2007 (beaten by Sir Paul McCartney's `Ecce Cor Meum') and eventually won a platinum disc.

Of the 13 tracks on this album around half are classical/opera, the rest are contemporary and traditional. The classics are familiar ones, which will appeal to those who have little experience of classical music, and the contemporary choices are unexpected ones such as the Robbie Williams hit `Angels', which sounds lovely when given the `Angels treatment'. The traditionals are the Christmas carol `Silent Night', and the New Zealand folk song `Pokarekare Ana'.

The girls - Daisy, Melanie, Laura and Charlotte - have applied their vocal skills to a wide range of music which should appeal to a broad audience. This is lovely music by talented singers who I think will produce a further four equally entertaining albums.
on 4 November 2006
I am REALLY looking forward to this album coming out. I had the pleasure of seeing them live at BBC Young Choristers of the Year. They had such an uplifting and angelic quality about them and the arrangements of the songs they sang (including Eva Cassidy's Songbird, Steal Away and Robbie Williams' Angels) were absolutely beautiful, especially Songbird - I was close to tears when they sang it.

The girls themselves (so I've heard) are really down to earth and lovely.

Steve Abbott (manager of All Angels, Hayley Westenra and Aled Jones amongst others) definitely knows about talent.

Buy this album, and you will feel like you're in Heaven.
on 21 April 2007
Remembering how I found these musical angels:

I downloaded World's Best Mum of Napster (for my mum :D) and came across the song "Angels" - hmm I thought "a cover of Robbie Williams"? I listened and fell in love with the voices of these four young singers. This type of music is not what I usually listen to but their music is very relaxing and I prefer their version of "Angels" now. :-)

Pop meets Classical and vice versa. This album has something within.
Enjoy it with a nice hot drink on a rainy day, or when life has got you down. Mostly easy listening and with heavenly vocals - I recommend this album.
on 14 January 2007
I only heard of All Angels just before Christmas when one of them (forget which) was being interviewed on the Today program on Radio 4. Then she sang "Agnus Dei", and I was hooked!

I had the CD bought for me as a Christmas Present, and haven't stopped playing it since. The CD is in my car, and I have it on my MP3 player and my PC so I can listen to it anywhere.

Prepare to have your ears and senses seduced! "Music soothe the savage beast" is what these renditions deliver, and their arrangement of "The Windmills of your Mind" is particularly hypnotic.

Classic purists may not appreciate this music, but they miss the point: music is not meant to be a discipline; if it pleases the listener, then it has accomplished its goal.
on 7 November 2007
This abum is amazing, the girls' voices are so pure and pitch perfect, They will go very far indeed with this much talent and the ability to appeal to so many people across diverse ranges.
5 stars can be the only arguement for this group and this album
on 15 May 2017
Heavenly voices, brilliant recording, one incredibly beautiful cd. Repeated listening is pleasure.