Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now

on 5 June 2009
I'm 65 and retired and as I'm wheelchair-bound due to MND I thought that I would ask for the Nintendo DS Lite and a couple of games for my recent birthday. There are only so many books you can read during one day and I felt my brain was turning to mush without the stimulus of my job and the company of a great set of colleagues. I have to say that I've been converted to this gadget and am now having to limit myself to no more than an hour or two a day - otherwise I'd never come off the thing! I was a bit disconcerted to be told that I had a brain age of 80 - but I'm working on it! Good fun, though I'm not sure if my brain is actually trainable!
on 17 April 2009
My daughter has a Nintendo, however it was only when a friend of mine got one for Xmas from her daughter (along with Brain Training) and was so enthusiastic about it she said I should have a go, so I did. Well that was it, I was hooked. So much so I decided to get myself an Nintendo, but didn't know which colour. I chose the turquoise and I'm quite delighted with the colour. As is the case in my house, anything we want to buy we always, always check out Amazon first, because of the excellent service, after service, delivery and value for money. I thought Nintendo's were for children, how wrong was I. I'm in my 40s and it's sheer will power that stops me bringing mine into work to play with it at lunch time.
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2009
I have wanted a DS lite for two years now and this turquoise one is cool. I love the brain challenges and I have another game too. I bought the luxury accessory pack too. Its great - not bad for a Grandma keeping up with the times. I would definitely recommend this DS lite an a bit of brain training. Great fun
on 1 August 2009
I bought this for my wife as she'd always wanted one since seeing the adverts on television. The turquoise one with the brain training game was a great price on Amazon so I bought it for her and she's been thrilled with it, brain training every day now!
on 21 June 2009
| am not getting much housework done!The Brain Training is excellent,the better you do the more tests you get to do.As long as you don't mind everyone laughing at you when you are talking to yourself whilst playing it is great.The worst bit(for me)is drawing pictures of giraffes etc. mine looked more like a prehistoric monster which left me in tears of laughter!Totally brilliant,and as usual excellent service from Amazon,it arrived a week before it was due.
on 7 October 2009
You can use this handy device how you like it - for games or for educational purposes or both. We bought this mainly for the brain training 'game' which is living up to its name for all the family.

Highly recommended for young and old.
on 30 July 2009
The ds lite was everything that my 9 year old daughter expected. The brain training was fun for the entire family.
I bought this as a gift for my 7 year old. She loves it and I have had many quiet hours since - result!
on 1 January 2014
The DS is a very fun console for users of all ages and this upgraded model is an improvement to the original DS in every way. The biggest improvement is the battery life and the screen. Colours look more ... Colourful!
on 4 October 2009
I bought this for my 10 yesr old daughter as a birthday present.She used it for less than 3 hours before the microphpone function failed, affecting the ability to perform different games. Also the Brain Training game was poor in recognizing written numbers on the maths game,for example, interpreting 3 as a9, or 48 as 84, 1 as 7 etc. It's potential as an aid to encourage maths is good but has provided frustration and disappointment. I've ordered a replacement as she still enjoyed playing some other games, but if it had been for me I wouldn't have bothered.

See one answered question