on 28 April 2017
Ithought this was one of the best supernatural films when it first came out with plenty of scary moments had to have it for my collection
on 13 July 2010
There are scenes in this film that are genuinely terrifying,and which are sprung on the audience without warning. Expect to jump more than a few times while watching this. Two versions of the film are on this disc, one was released in cinemas, the other features extended gory scenes which do not add much to the storyline.
Kiefer Sutherland plays a watchman in an abandoned department store, wandering around the old fire-damaged building with a torch. He starts to see things in the mirrors, and at first thinks that he has an overactive imagination. Things move on rapidly from there, and the film ends with a good twist. Atmospheric and well-acted, this is a very entertaining horror movie.
on 7 November 2015
I bought this movie because I have an inane fear of mirrors and so a movie like this really instills a lot of fear in me. It's not the greatest horror film out there and the quality on this Blu-Ray leaves a lot to be desired but it does its job in getting me so scared, I can't even pass the mirror in my bathroom.
on 2 November 2016
This film isn't jump scary, there's a couple of cheap scares maybe. But Mirrors is a good film, with an engaging storyline and some slightly disturbing scenes - what you would expect from a horror movie. Definitely worth a watch.
on 10 June 2012
American remakes of Asian horror don't always succeed, although there have been a fair number of ok ones. This film of Alexandre Aja's falls into this latter category. It is a remake of Kim Sung-Ho's extremely creepy and disturbing Korean movie "Into The Mirror"Into The Mirror (2 Disc Special Edition) [DVD] and, by and large, makes a pretty good job of importing the atmosphere, story, and characters from there to The States. As is often the case, it does lose a little of the subtle and peculiarly sinister tone so commonly found in Far Eastern horror (How do they do it?). The original mostly eschews violence and a lot of gore for quiet, restrained, implied horrors, while this remake ramps up the blood and horrors to more familiar Western levels. There is one particularly jaw-dropping sequence- watch it to see what I mean !

For those who don't know it, essentially we have here a haunted ruined department store. I know that must sound a bit corny, but it really does work. Top marks to the set designers: the burnt-out store with its ash-strewn floors and mirrors on every wall is fantastic. Kiefer Sutherland acquits himself well too in the lead role.

Extras are deleted and alternate scenes (including a revised ending) and an excellent "Making Of". It's always pretty amazing to see the amount of work which goes into making even perfectly ordinary movies. Overall, strongly recommended.
on 7 October 2014
I'm a fan of Kiefer Sutherland, so I expected to like this video! It started off OK, then went downhill. Too many plot holes. He walks into the street and fires several shots into a mirror and nothing happens! No police, no panic from neighbors etc. etc.
After that I almost fell asleep. It really should have been better!
on 7 November 2017
Loved this film. It is horrible but really good. One of the worst scenes ever in the bathroom...
on 29 December 2013
I hadn't heard about this film when I bought it but I thought it was pretty good. I don't regret buying it but when I see reviews for it now, saying how amazing it is I beg to differ. It's a good, original film but it's not particularly outstanding.
I'd definitely watch it again but not with the intention of being scared.
on 12 March 2018
verygood thank you
on 6 August 2015
It started off a bit crap with what seemed like gratuitous gore but it got better & better & better, kept me hooked with trying to work things out & jumpy moments. Liked it a lot.