Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(2 star). See all 66 reviews
on 4 February 2010
Bought this based on the numerous reviews singing its praises. Maybe I was expecting too much but I found the quality of the video to be disappointing. The HighDef quality failed to materialise and the colours seemed a little dull. When I checked the footage against that from my casio digital camera's video function I couldn't see any improvement. Added to this was a problem in playback using my Samsung HDTV. When connecting the HDMI lead the unit would just shut down and refuse to play anything until it had been disconnected. Maybe I got a duff one or perhaps is doesn't like that model of TV. Shame as this little camera looked like a great solution to my video needs. I think that I will now look into purchasing a smallish camcorder. More money, but probably better value.

One thing that was outstanding was Amazon's Customer Return service. It is quality customer service like this that keeps me purchasing from Amazon again and again. To all those that have been pleased with their purchase of this product, please don't feel slighted by my comments. All opinions are essentially subjective and as I said, I may have got a Friday afternoon version.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 March 2011
We decided to purchase a few of these for our organisation along with a few Flip cams as they were comparatively cheap. I've found the built in mics to be useless at picking up anything with clarity more than a metre or so away, and unlike the Flip's which work straight away with Macs, the Vado vids need converting before they're useful. The included mac software is also very tricky to get working.
on 20 February 2014
I've had this for 2 or so years, I bought it for YouTube videos. It does still work but the footage I get out of it is mostly throwaway.

- The battery runs out when turned off. You have to physically take the battery out for it to retain charge. if you take the battery out it means you have to put the date setting in every time.

- The colours are awful unless you're in broad beaming daylight, and there is a lot of noise in low light situations. I would only recommend it for outdoor, well lit family videos. Don't expect it to be easy to make it look good for YouTube video, I have to spend a long time adjusting the footage once filmed. It does not work well with indoor lighting, over saturation or noise is often the result.

- Webcams like the C920 are far more well suited for making YouTube videos, higher quality, adjustable exposure, contrast, great colours etc. and are as cheap or cheaper.

- It very often has this glitch problem where it randomly turns itself off only to be aided by either charging again or removing the battery for a few minutes, sometimes nothing works.

In fairness, I might have a faulty one but I have a c920 now which is much better and will use the Vado only for holidays or outdoor trips at best.

There must be a better portable camera on the market now in the same price range.
on 10 January 2010
Nice solid product (Creative Vado HD)and easy to use. However, within 5 days the machine had problems connecting to the PC (opening the onboard software crashed with errors), then camera suddenly stopped working. Amazon great at replacing faulty unit, but replacement having same issue on PC. Tried several PCs - the .avi files won't open in Windows Media Player, it crashes explorer when trying to just copy onto the PC, and the onboard software(VadoCentral)aborts with an error. Unfortunately not much good if you can't upload the footage. Played fine through TV and quality/sound does look good. Unit to be sent back. Lots of forums (including one on Amazon) seems to indicate lots of problems with the files / PC compatability. Beware unless you are a PC / software whizz!!
22 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 September 2011
I bought this camera in May 11. At first I though it was great for the price, took it to a few gigs and got some half decent footage. However, it doesn't like vibration. Packed in my rucksack, after returning from a days mountain biking, the screen packed up. Admittedly it was a rocky route with a lot of vibration, but the unit wasn't dropped and didn't receive any knocks, it was in the bag on my back all the time. So, now rendered useless, I doubt there's anything I can do about it.
on 5 December 2010
Very easy to use and catches very good images, but on playback the sound quality is absolutely awful.
Several of my movies lose all sound after a while but the picture plays on.
All in all would not recommend.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 June 2010
When i recieved the product the up and down keys didnt work.A few days later the on buttonm
stopped working so i couldnt switch it on.
Over all not happy at all will have to send back to manufacturer which is time consuming and awkward.

See one answered question