on 29 August 2017
I used it twice, following the instructions to the letter. Unfortunately it only seems to half work; it didn’t make the down jacket waterproof like it says it does. I would have expected it to stop at least a light rain from penetrating but sadly my feathers lost their fluff within 30 seconds of getting caught in a heavy fog.
on 12 October 2017
Perfect. for Sleeping bags and layers
on 25 March 2017
Did the job, but a bit on the smelly side !!
on 30 April 2017
Worked great on my down jacket. Would recommend
on 16 April 2017
Excellent value
on 23 January 2016
This is brilliant stuff and so easy to use,the instructions were clear and it didn't take very long. It has totally renewed my Northface Metropolis parker. I had no problems with my coat but after multiple washes it seemed very thin and flat with hardly any down and much to my horror, my previously waterproof car started to leak!!
I washed my coat first in the Down Wash, a normal 40 degree gentle cycle without detergent, then after it finished I used the Down Proof straight away. There is no need to dry the garment inbetween. The Down Proof is used the same way, in the same cycle and then I dried it on a low heat in the tumble drier. The down has doubled in size which it was when it was new. I would not hesitate to use this product again although I haven't been out in heavy rain yet but the fact my coat looks better and feels warmer is definitely worth the price of these two products.
on 3 May 2009
I have a Mountain Equipment down bag which is nearly 30 year old and has not seen much use in recent years. It was suffering the consequences of years in the back of an airing cupboard but was not kept in a stuff sac. To see if it was worth keeping I tried out the NikWax Down wash and proof twinpack using an ordinary domestic washing machine and a tumbler drier on low heat. I also took the much quoted advice of adding two tennis balls to the tumbler drier which is supposed to deal with any clumping of the feathers. To my amazement and delight the bag came out looking quite clean and after a few hours tumble drying fully restored with no signs of lumping. Well worth doing!
on 13 August 2011
Never been let down by Nikwax yet. This one's a real jacket saver. Easy to use and does what it claims.
on 27 June 2012
These two products will ensure that your down jacket will last for years (apart from snags and your own abuse). Nikwax are leaders in their field.
on 8 December 2012
bought theese to was and proof 2 down and feather jackets i own, did the job well, very pleased with the
results.