on 26 March 2011
We bought these to washing liquids after coming home from a messy snow holiday (3 kids sick on clothing). Jackets had been left in a pretty sorry state for a week till they were washed. We used these two washing liquids & the cloths came out like new. Tested the jackets to see if they were still water repellent & they were. We managed to wash 6 peoples snow gear & have just under half a bottle of liquid left in both. Ready for next year!
on 3 July 2012
needed to clean my motorbike jacket as it was smelling a bit funky. washed it and then washed it with the water proofer came out of the washing machine clean as a whistle. The next time I rode my bike the heavens opened but I was as dry as a bone so highly recommend this product.
on 22 September 2012
Didn't know that I shouldn't wash my waterproof, so did so endlessly until one day the rain poured in. Came across this product on the internet and thought it was worth trying. My jacket is now fully water-proof all over, as is the fleece. Delighted with the Nikwax wash-in product, a much cheaper option than having to buy a new jacket. No hesitation in recommending.Nikwax Tech Wash/Polar Proof Twin Pack Clean/Proof Value Pack
I've used the NikWax system for many years now in our washing machine to clean and re-proof my out-door all-weather gear, both walking jackets and trousers, but especially my ski clothing as that has had a hard life and is showing its age. Fortunately a wash-out-dirt and wash-in-proof treatment with this pair of chemicals rejuvenates the old fabric restoring good water repellency and thermal insulation and yet still allows it to breathe.

It cannot be perfect and as the old garment goes through the rough and tumble of a ski-trip it becomes more vulnerable to the hazards of wet snow, but I only need to re-proof once a year for a few weeks of skiing. And it is a lot cheaper than spending a small fortune on a new ski-outfit.

It is important to follow the instructions on the bottles, and make sure the washing machine insides are clean of detergent and fabric conditioner before using the NikWax system. I normally do a batch of two washes followed by two proofs, with the most important garments held back for the last wash and last proof.

Even Goretex finally begins to leak, and this system even helps there too, but it is better to use the TX Direct alternative.

Recommended.
on 3 September 2012
Have used NIKwax products for years and have never been disappointed. Great for golf gear, hillwalking equipment or your everyday waterproof coats etc.. Now at a great price.
on 17 August 2012
I have a rather old, hooded fleece. Did the treatment - washed then proofed, and it has made it reasonably shower proof, which has been really useful this summer.
on 30 January 2013
The Tech is a good product seems to get out most but the stubborn dirt as for the waterproofing agent it`s o.k. but i seem to find it soon wears off and would probably be better used in conjunction with a waterproofing spray,a bit expensive for what it altogether dosn`t do.
on 18 September 2013
Much moaning from daughter when I washed her Equine Jacket and it lost its waterproofing.
Washed with Tech Wash and the Polar Proof - all happy families now!!
Also washed other jackets and canvas shoes - all very good...
on 4 February 2013
Used both the Tech Wash and Polar Proof on my ski gear before going away skiing.

My gear felt brand new again and left the water beading up on it all week!

Defiantly recommend!
on 2 August 2013
I am using this product for some time now. It is great way to wash your jackets, snowboarding or skiing clothing and still keep them waterproof! Will recommend it any time!