on 27 August 2015
This game is awesome.
I personally find normal monopoly a bit boring, and annoying, as it takes way too long to play, and can cause arguments when people aren't paying by the exact same rules!
Monopoly Deal does take a little getting used to at first. But once you've got a couple of practice games out of the way, it's very easy to get into the swing of things. Then what you have is a game that's nice and quick, fun for all, and a great way to spend a bit of time on holiday or of a lazy evening at home.

My only two complaints are as below, but those are minor niggles, easily ignored as a result of the fun factor of the game.
1- It can be a little awkward to shuffle the pack as there are so many cards.
2- The packaging could do with being altered slightly so it's easier to pack away. Could do with a cardboard inlay for the pack to sit in (after it's split in two).
on 16 April 2017
Are you a person that quite likes the idea of Monopoly, but can't face a 4 hour game that ends in stalemate? This is the game for you. It just uses cards for property, money and 'Chance'. Not only is it quick to play, the introduction of new cards makes the gameplay wild and full of surprises (how about 'compulsory purchase'? or 'No, I'm not going to pay you rent'?). Believe me, no stalemates in this game...
If you want to know more, just buy the game. You won't regret it.
on 27 September 2014
We played this at a friend's house and just had to get our own set. It only takes a couple of games to really get the hang of it, and then the fun begins. I love the way that skill is involved, but also luck plays a huge part. Someone can be on the brink of winning, but have everything thrown wide open again with some strategic card play. Likewise a player can be at rock bottom, but then win a few turns later. Each game is very quick, so it is perfect for the odd 10/15mins, though having said that, we have been known to happily spend over an hour playing several games, which always causes great rivalry amid efforts to beat the winner last time. We have played this with ages from 10 upwards, and it is a popular choice when playing a game is suggested. This game travels well as it is small, and I am very pleased we bought it.
on 18 March 2014
My monopoly board is now obsolete.

This game is addictive, short & very good fun.

It is fast paced (unlike the board game) & a lot less likely to result in family arguments (there is always one sore loser).

Easy to carry & I don't leave home without it.

I have also discovered a (probably not legitimate) chinese version which includes added cards such as a double sly deal, go to jail & sets with varying colours of the same property set.. Get hold of it if you can.

You may not enjoy the first or second time you play but once you get the hang of it, you will love it.
on 26 January 2015
We love playing family games, but as much as we like the standard board game Monopoly, playing with young children takes AN AGE as they chitter and chat the whole way through. Monopoly junior is better but also lasts a LONG time and isn't as fun for the adults. This game sorts all ages. It's fun, quick paced and my seven and 9 year old children picked it up straight away. A great game that I will give as gifts at birthday parties from now on.
on 30 October 2014
At first, the rules seem difficult to master or understand. But once we got playing a few times, we got the hang of it. Easily one of our favourite family games. My youngest is 6 and even he wins on the odd time (and not because we let him). Good game of luck and strategy... and I must warn you, players can get really sly when they are playing this. Never gets old. We always pack it with us when we travel as well as it's so portable.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2011
I saw a couple of people playing this on the train (I had never heard of it before), so I decided to buy it for my son's 11th birthday. The rules seem a bit complex to start, but once you have played it a couple of times and re-checked the rules, it is fairly easy to follow. One advantege over the board game is the compact nature allowing you to take in a small bag and play in almost any situation, another advantage is the relatively short duration of each game. I have not played such games with the kids for a while, but I like this and I think we will be playing quite a lot of this.
on 12 January 2014
There are card games better than this but I can play Deal for hours on end and not get bored! I have been disappointed that it has been discontinued (in America, at least) and have been buying these up for friends and family abroad who also love it. Dear Hasbro, DON'T DISCONTINUE, PLEASE!

I also have Monopoly Deal Millionaire and the HK edition. Millionaire is fine but not as good as the standard edition, and it looks cheap with the black cards and bright colours while the HK edition has 20 extra cards, including 5 new ones which make it more like the board game, ie a Go To Jail card and Speeding Fine card and is great fun to play but hard to find.
on 14 May 2014
I love this card game so much that I have bought two packs for myself and five more for friends and family. It was initially given to me as a gift and has certainly been a most appreciated one. It will be especially enjoyed by those of you who love Monopoly but never have the time to sit through a long game. For those not so keen on Monopoly, I believe this game is still enjoyable as it is quick, full of strategy and of course, needs a bit of luck! Great for family playing (I've taught 10 year-olds to 65 year-olds to play and they all loved it!).
on 15 October 2016
Never a fan of Monopoly but my son asked for this when his friend brought in to school - it's a good game and is not as tortuous as the main game!! It's relatively quick to play, doesn't stop me getting frustrated when I lose!!!