Colour: Black|Change

on 16 March 2015
Although this is the only torque wrench I've ever used I think it's really very good for the price. It definitely has that precision feel but of course I cannot judge its accuracy as I don't have any way to calibrate it. I use it on a carbon road bike for the seat post and stem mostly. It's so easy to adjust bolts with confidence now. I even used it on the bottle cages because why not?! Obviously it will not cope with pedals but I'm not lucky enough have carbon cranks or a power meter so it's not critical for me.

It did take a bit of practise to get it right though. As others have said it doesn't feel like a ratchet turning backwards. What happens is that the head pivots ever so slightly when you hit the required setting. Call it a pivot or a click or a snap - it is not so obvious at first and not at all clear in the instructions - yet it is very obvious when you know what you're looking for. The easiest way to see this in effect is to set it to the lowest setting of 2Nm, take hold of the arm in one hand and the head in the other. You will easily be able to apply enough force to feel the pivot/click/snap and SEE IT TOO. Don't do what I did and set it on 2Nm and find a bed bolt to test it on. You will not see or feel the pivot as it will take effect immediately and allow you over-tighten while wondering if it's working. Once you've tested it at 2Nm in your hands you can move on to bed bolts at a higher setting and it will be so obvious what's happening. I have no issues now and complete confidence even on silly things like an out-front Garmin mount and a saddle-bag QR. Even though these are little bits of plastic that warrant no more than an Allen key I think it says something that I would reach for the wrench first as it's just so easy and assured.
on 18 February 2017
Nice set of hex keys and star drives. Materials used are of solid quality, and there's a very pleasing snap fit for the attachments, (you press the button on the top to attach or release the hex keys - means that they don't drop off, which is very nice).

I have only given 3 stars because although the quality and feel is very nice - and indeed worthy of 5 stars - I am disappointed with the design. I particularly wanted low-torque ability - and this one goes down to 2nm, which should be perfect. The way this device is meant to work is that you apply pressure until the desired torque is reached, and then it sort of clicks, and the handle gives way a cm or so to let you know you've reached the desired torque - however this means that you apply steady pressure until you reach your desired pressure, and then it clicks on - giving an extra bit of tightness each time. This is actually very annoying. Absolutely not the end of the world - and this torque wrench is massively better than no torque wrench and just guessing the pressure, (as I have been doing up till now), however I do wonder why they designed it this way...

Based on the design, I would have probably given the set 2 stars - however the quality of materials and the carry case really is first rate.

If you are not fussed about the lighter settings, then this set is lovely, and please don't be put off by my review.
on 30 October 2014
I have used this to upgrade and rebuild my road bike, having invested in high quality composite components this is a great tool ensuring nothing is damaged by over tightening, or dangerous due to loose fixings. This also looks the identical wrench sold and branded by GIANT for over double the price.
I would suggest using the tool on test pieces first so you get a feel for the 'release' when the correct tension is reached, as this is not a ratchet type release found on very expensive manufacturing tools, and if you are not familiar it could be possible to over tighten.
on 26 April 2014
Bought this item 7 months ago for my carbon road bike. It wasn't used a lot. The occasional handle bar and seat adjustment. It worked great for those 7 months. Clicking whenever it reached the torque I set. Then I used it to adjust my stem and I snapped a bolt. The torque "click' had gone and no matter what setting it was just a full torque wrench.
on 24 April 2017
Brilliant Wrench,very good price. Its just a very handy tool to have around if your a Mountain Biker or Motor Cyclist. Excellent
on 22 May 2013
Turned up next day via Prime as usual with Amazon. Pleasantly surprised and happy to say that you actually get more than is stated or shown in the pictures. It now comes with an extra T30 bit and also a 90mm long 5mm Allen key extension bit so you get more than is shown in the pictures. Quality is great and I look forward to using it to mess around on my Giant carbon road bike and my Canyon full suspension MTB very soon. You really need a torque wrench for a carbon bike and so pleased I chose this. The torque range is also higher than most equivalent priced wrenches - 2-24nm instead of 2-15nm. Can't recommend enough.
on 26 May 2017
A good little torque wrench for working on bikes etc. A little quirky that it doesn't stop working when it reaches the set limit it sort of clicks (once) and the head moves a little to one side (the head sort of flops to one side as if the handle has broken). It can be quite subtle but once you know what you are looking for it's easy to use. If you don't notice the subtle `floppy head` then it will continue to tighten so be warned.

Can also be purchased elsewhere under a different name for less money (well known bike site) :-)
on 29 January 2016
Torque wrench arrived 1 week late, then when it came it showed signs of use as if it were a second hand item - ie scrapes on adjustable head, greasy fingerprints inside case and wear and tear on the box opening.
See attatched pictures.
I am livid !!!
NO STARS GIVEN !!!!!
review image review image review image review image
on 11 October 2014
READ BELOW IMPORTANT!!!!

Fab product but make sure you understand "HOW THE WRENCH WORKS FIRST!!!!"

Bought this for my Carbon bike and was worried about over tightening components.

The instructions explain a "Click" when it's tight enough... I was expecting in my inexperience that it would click like a ratchet spanner.... This is not the case it's a pivot that clicks at the end... E. G. When torque is reached the pivot bends.

There's mention of people not finding a nut for adjustment, but there is an alen bolt at the end of the wrench.

Search youtube for examples on click/pivot style wrenches... otherwise mis understanding will cause breakage.

I for safety tested on a stationary bolt in a wall at various settings to get the feel before first use.

Also someone mentioned pliers for removing the attachments. .. the fit is super snug and really well made, but there is a push button to remove each drive bit no need for pliers

Enjoy !!!!
on 1 July 2015
Excellent product. Like others here I use for my bike(s). Takes the guess work out of tightening bolts particularly with carbon frames and dropper seat posts which can be damaged with over tightening. Few things to note;
1. the torque is set by rotating the handle at the bottom to required value. It does not lock in place and there is no nut to lock the torque setting as stated in the manual.
2. Once required torque is set and you have fitted appropriate attachment to the end(good selection comes with tool) away you go. Once you tighten and reach the selected torque the top of the device will pivot/give a little to show you tightened enough. It took me a while to get the hang of, but practice on a few bolts at say 5nm and you will see there is a definite pivot/give when the torque level is reached.
3. There is a push button on the head of the device for the attachments.