Colour: Black|Change

on 16 March 2015
Although this is the only torque wrench I've ever used I think it's really very good for the price. It definitely has that precision feel but of course I cannot judge its accuracy as I don't have any way to calibrate it. I use it on a carbon road bike for the seat post and stem mostly. It's so easy to adjust bolts with confidence now. I even used it on the bottle cages because why not?! Obviously it will not cope with pedals but I'm not lucky enough have carbon cranks or a power meter so it's not critical for me.

It did take a bit of practise to get it right though. As others have said it doesn't feel like a ratchet turning backwards. What happens is that the head pivots ever so slightly when you hit the required setting. Call it a pivot or a click or a snap - it is not so obvious at first and not at all clear in the instructions - yet it is very obvious when you know what you're looking for. The easiest way to see this in effect is to set it to the lowest setting of 2Nm, take hold of the arm in one hand and the head in the other. You will easily be able to apply enough force to feel the pivot/click/snap and SEE IT TOO. Don't do what I did and set it on 2Nm and find a bed bolt to test it on. You will not see or feel the pivot as it will take effect immediately and allow you over-tighten while wondering if it's working. Once you've tested it at 2Nm in your hands you can move on to bed bolts at a higher setting and it will be so obvious what's happening. I have no issues now and complete confidence even on silly things like an out-front Garmin mount and a saddle-bag QR. Even though these are little bits of plastic that warrant no more than an Allen key I think it says something that I would reach for the wrench first as it's just so easy and assured.
on 22 May 2013
Turned up next day via Prime as usual with Amazon. Pleasantly surprised and happy to say that you actually get more than is stated or shown in the pictures. It now comes with an extra T30 bit and also a 90mm long 5mm Allen key extension bit so you get more than is shown in the pictures. Quality is great and I look forward to using it to mess around on my Giant carbon road bike and my Canyon full suspension MTB very soon. You really need a torque wrench for a carbon bike and so pleased I chose this. The torque range is also higher than most equivalent priced wrenches - 2-24nm instead of 2-15nm. Can't recommend enough.
on 11 October 2014
READ BELOW IMPORTANT!!!!

Fab product but make sure you understand "HOW THE WRENCH WORKS FIRST!!!!"

Bought this for my Carbon bike and was worried about over tightening components.

The instructions explain a "Click" when it's tight enough... I was expecting in my inexperience that it would click like a ratchet spanner.... This is not the case it's a pivot that clicks at the end... E. G. When torque is reached the pivot bends.

There's mention of people not finding a nut for adjustment, but there is an alen bolt at the end of the wrench.

Search youtube for examples on click/pivot style wrenches... otherwise mis understanding will cause breakage.

I for safety tested on a stationary bolt in a wall at various settings to get the feel before first use.

Also someone mentioned pliers for removing the attachments. .. the fit is super snug and really well made, but there is a push button to remove each drive bit no need for pliers

Enjoy !!!!
on 30 October 2014
I have used this to upgrade and rebuild my road bike, having invested in high quality composite components this is a great tool ensuring nothing is damaged by over tightening, or dangerous due to loose fixings. This also looks the identical wrench sold and branded by GIANT for over double the price.
I would suggest using the tool on test pieces first so you get a feel for the 'release' when the correct tension is reached, as this is not a ratchet type release found on very expensive manufacturing tools, and if you are not familiar it could be possible to over tighten.
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2016
This is an excellent value for money torque wrench for bikes. Solid metallic construction, well packaged and a doddle to use.

Whilst other reviewers have mentioned some negative aspects (ratchet and bit ejection) I think they have over sold the issues. Bit removal is simple and exactly the same as any socket set - there is a button the back of the head which easily pops the bit off. Adjustment is easy through the large knurled knob at the base of the shaft. I wondered about the 'click' on torque given the reviews but it is dead simple. Set for 3-4 Nm and then use it on the stem bolts that secure handlebars. The 'click' is easily audible and felt really obviously through the handle. Once you feel it, you will understand totally what it is. Beware though that if you keep turning after the click it will keep tightening the bolt!!

Great value for money, solidly built and easy to use. Perfect for any bike maintenance, essential on carbon!
on 25 October 2013
This was delivered very quickly. It comes in a sturdy box covered in plastic wrapping, all pieces are lightly oiled. The instruction leaflet is a tad confusing, it tells you to turn the screw anticlockwise to allow the tension to be set I cant find this nut!! However the wrench works beautifully.
on 12 March 2016
i bought this as i have a tendency to over tighten screws or bolts on the bike so now i can tighten them to the correct setting, the build quality and feel is excellent. the wrench itself looks and feels tiny but is more than adequate for the job and setting the required torque is a doddle, just turn the handle to the setting you want and that's it. it only has a scale of nm but as far as i can see all my bike parts give a nm setting anyway.
another good feature is it comes with an extension bar for hard to reach bolts which i used today on my stem as i couldn't quite get in because of my speedometer bracket and lights, i suppose i could have taken them off first but i didn't need to with the extension, ideal for when you've just got everything positioned just how you want them.
on 15 March 2013
I bought this as I have a full carbon bike and was worried about over-tightening the screws and risking cracking the frame.

I wasn't too sure about buying this kit at first and did my homework and found a lot of reviews to be pretty good so I bit the bullet and went for this.

What can I say, it is a great (must have) add-on for anyone with a carbon bike and really good value for the price. Definitely holds its own against some of the higher end torque wrenches and unless you wish to spend silly money and go for a digital one, this little baby is definitely the way forward. Presented in a nice hard plastic box so as to keep all the pieces together (nice touch).

It has a ratio variance of +4%/-4% which is what a lot of the high end wrenches have also so you can rest assured that it is pretty precise.

I must admit that I torque just a fraction below the number specified, though this is probably just be being overly cautious.
on 1 July 2015
Excellent product. Like others here I use for my bike(s). Takes the guess work out of tightening bolts particularly with carbon frames and dropper seat posts which can be damaged with over tightening. Few things to note;
1. the torque is set by rotating the handle at the bottom to required value. It does not lock in place and there is no nut to lock the torque setting as stated in the manual.
2. Once required torque is set and you have fitted appropriate attachment to the end(good selection comes with tool) away you go. Once you tighten and reach the selected torque the top of the device will pivot/give a little to show you tightened enough. It took me a while to get the hang of, but practice on a few bolts at say 5nm and you will see there is a definite pivot/give when the torque level is reached.
3. There is a push button on the head of the device for the attachments.
on 15 September 2015
Directions for use were - well useless. Immediately upon use it was evident that this item was not calibrated. I disassembled the item and found a washer jammed in the mechanism, removed it and the item now functions: but I doubt if it is within the stated calibration limits. I'm not prepared to use it where accuracy is required: it is now just a general wrench - sadly.