Size: 0.3lt|Change

on 8 September 2011
I thought with it being a spray that my Jacket would need 2 coats, but the 1 coat worked a treat and heavy rainfall the next day was the test, the water run straight off my jacket!
on 7 August 2012
After overcoming the dissapointment of spending £250 on a Barbour jacket only to realise it needs yearly maintenance, i opted for the spray instead of the offial wax. This purely based on the fact that reviews had said how easy it was to apply. They were right - it took about 20 minutes of spraying, spreading and rubbing and then leaving the jacket to dry overnight. The result is a jacket that looks like new which repels wind and water like it should do. It feels different to the wax but does just as good a job. I used about a third of the cannister and anticipate i'll do the jacket again before the winter is out. A word of warning - it can be a messy process so do outdoors if you can.
on 22 August 2012
I was unsure when I bought this item whether it would work. But hey presto it did. I used it exactly as it said on the tin and the jacket looks brand new. A very good buy
VINE VOICEon 18 November 2012
I'd had a very bad experience of using a tub of waterproof wax and warming it in hot water many years ago. Perhaps it's just me, but the job did not go well and the jacket didn't look good. So this time I looked around at alternatives and came across this spray. Following the instructions, this product was very easy to use and worked well. The white spray was easy to see on the garment and didn't smell. I wiped the sprayed contents into the jacket with a slightly damp sponge (making sure that any `pools' of spay didn't form near the seams). Overnight the white spray / wax `disappeared' and the jacket was nicely waxed. I would recommend this product for things like waxed jackets and hats. It's always difficult to judge the first time, but for me one 0.3L can did the job, with the second `reserve' can that I purchased ready for another time.
on 26 April 2010
This product is vastly superior to the tinned stuff. Just spray it on, leave a few minutes and rub it in with a sponge. Because the product is initially white, any areas not covered sufficiently will be obvious.
on 6 May 2014
This is the only Waxed Cotton proofer I ever use.......and I have tried most of them. An initial wash using pure liquid soap and the spray applied while the garment is still wet. Works every time and is effective.Much easier to use than applying 'hard wax ' or the traditional wax sprays.
on 12 February 2012
I wanted to rain proof a Parker that was made of cotton, but wanted to spray on not put in a washing machine. The method that finally worked was to put on a hanger and then spray area by area. The proofing did not easily wet the material, so I used a nylon brush to spread the proofing and work it into each area. Then repeat the process as I went to the next area. By area I mean a section big enough that I could cope with, say 50cm x 50cm.

The result was a cotton (non wax) outer material that repelled rain.
on 7 June 2012
This product is much easier to apply to wax cotton garments than the traditional tins of wax that have to be heated up then rubbed in then given the hair-drier treatment. Whether it will prove as effective only time will tell. Be careful if purchasing to get the neutral version if you have a variety of different coloyr wax-cotton garments.
on 26 April 2011
I found this wax spray very easy to apply and because it is white when applied I could see exactly where it had gone and make sure I didn't miss any parts. I then left it to dry overnight in the greenhouse and it has been fine.
on 27 September 2014
Like others leaving feedback I was dubious about how successful this would be, having had a bad experience trying to reproof a Barbour many years ago with a proofing substance that required heating prior to application. This was extremely easy to apply and overall i am happy with the results. it was applied to a body warmer - it used between a third and half the bottle - and has helped to restore the colour and improve the evenness of the appearance. It is still a bit patchy but I think this is the result of not having cleaned the garment well enough before using, which with hindsight I think is worth taking more trouble over. However, the body warmer was a relatively cheap one that I was prepared to write off if things had gone wrong, but it now has more use ahead. When it comes to my Barbour however I would get it professionally reproofed.