Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 23 March 2009
Series 10 and 11 were the peak of London's Burning - this is the point where the show had a complete revamp, with a new title sequence, and a great new theme tune. A further three series followed before the axe fell.

Apparently, "rights issues" are currently preventing the release of this DVD, hopefully Network will be able to resolve these soon, and release the remaining series to complete the collection.

Edit (26/06/09): Looks like Network have ironed out the problems - some sites also have Series 12 available for pre-order for release on 24 August.
on 6 June 2009
This whole review of whether they are going to release the rest of the series's is pathetic. London's burning was a great show that pulled in a large amount of viewers every week.. yes ok some people are going to say that it went down hill with regard to the lack of fires, and yes thats true! But for the fans like myself who watched it I would still want to buy them on DVD especially as I have all the other series's on DVD defeats the object not to complete the set.
on 11 February 2010
I have to say that I had this series brought for me by my boyfriend as a birthday present (seems we have the previous 10 series). I had initial reservations about this series, not least because of the amount of new characters that have come into it and the change in focus from the fires, to Blue Watchs' personal lives.

However, having watched the initial 3 episodes of the 16 in this series, my reservations have been somewhat silenced. The first and second epsiodes start with a large warehouse fire which leaves Jack and Recall hospitalised and arranging to meet a pair of nurses for a date. There are some hilarious moments whilst Jack and Recall are in hospital, as Sicknote becomes "whispering Bert Q" for the hospital radio station!! Jack's impression of new comer Dan in the inital episode is also partiularly funny.

All in all, I would recommend the series to those wishing to further their collection of the TV programme or take a trip down memory lane.
on 9 June 2009
ok i agree with the others that series 11 was when london's burning started to go down hill but for all the true london's burning fan's i am still hoping that situation with the rights is sorted out pretty soon as i feel that i will go into melt down as i've collected all of the dvds so far!!!
on 18 August 2010
you can now tell londons burning on its way down, all the main stars had left or been killed off, the series started charging too quickly too soon for viewers to get to know any of the new stars, they only lasted a series and went, there was no good fire's any more, Heather Peace did'nt fit in as the new firewoman unlike the other women, it started to be like a soap opera.
very disappointing.
on 22 September 2010
I've come to the conclusion that I am totally addicted to London's Burning. I'm finding it difficult not to watch the DVDs back-to-back!!! The stories and shouts had me just wanting more. Yup, "edge of the seat" stuff this. I just know I will be buying the full set - I know I won't be disappointed.
on 30 April 2012
This DVD is a very good watch value for money and gives an isight to what life in the service is like ,being an ex-Firefighter I found it very enjoyable
on 17 February 2009
This is the series in which Nick (The Gov) loses his life saving his family at a cinema fire.
However this is a shame on network for even considering releaseing any further series, i hope this is the last, because the quality including the new thme tune is rather poor, this was the series that started the downfall of one of the best ITV dramas.
on 19 June 2009
I haven't ordered it as I haven't got the money for it yet. Series 11 was boring at the beginning but when Nick died at the cinema fire it scared me a little.

From episode 9 it gets more interesting when Blue Watch had the new firefighing kit which new brown tunics and leggings, new style of helmets, boots and gloves.

Let's hope Series 12 and 13 is released very soon