Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 October 2015
I could listen to this album every day. My favourite song keeps changing, which I think reflects how this musical can resonate with different experiences throughout your life - I see myself as different characters at different times, and it's wonderful to have a recording that you feel could be with you through all sorts of things.
on 7 April 2009
After seeing this musical recently I fell love with the music. It was emotive and rock heavy and delightfully witty. I recommend this to any fan of Spamalot, Wicked, Rent and We Will Rock You. This music will appeal to anyone who was ever a teenager and anyone who remembers what it was like to survive. With songs such as Totally F****d, which screams of youthful anger and frustration, to the more sombre The Dark I Know So Well, which has a haunting melody and a sad reminder of darkness that hides in many. If you haven't seen the musical all I ask is, what are you waiting for?
on 21 May 2009
I thought it was a fab musical and the music is well worth buying to keep- cheaper than getting it at the theatre. The music is really catchy and well worth a listen if you've never heard it before!
on 19 February 2012
Spring Awakening isn't everyone's cup of tea. Like Rent, La Cage and others it deals with sex, relationships and in this case adolescence sexual awakening. It is a powerful musical which won awards on Broadway and acclaim in the UK before closing after a relatively short run. Its now done on a regular basis by drama schools and university departments. So ... if you have a son or daughter or you yourself is an 18 year old wanting to do musical theatre but have had a diet of Fiddler on the Roof and Guys and Dolls then a copy of this is recommended to give a wider insight into what is powerful. Some excellent songs which grow on you.

I bought a copy for my 17 year old nephew who is applying to do musical theatre at Christmas. When his (19 & 22 year old) cousins (who have seen the show) saw it they were telling him to' put it on at once' and raved about it telling him there might even be an audition song in there. I also bought a copy for myself it makes great driving music - but not when either my mother or my 6 year old are in the car with me.

Sound quality - v good. Production - excellent.

Recommended.
on 29 June 2009
Easily one of the best CDs I have ever bought. I don't get tired of it and listen to it all the time. Pity its no longer playing in London or Broadway.
on 14 August 2011
this is fantastic, wether your someone who listens to alot of broadway music or someone who likes rock this is perfect. the sort of thing you can listen to on repet for days and nothing on it gets boring.

I would recomend this to anyone. easly 5 star without even having to think about it.
on 20 April 2010
What a great show and what a great recording. I recomend this to anyone interested in Broadway/West End shows. Also anyone who like great songs and lyrics.
on 31 January 2014
Really good cd. Had wanted the music for a while. Love the words in the booklet. Good quality and would recommend.
on 29 May 2014
Very nice reproduction of the music from the musical. If you love the show, this is a really good memento
on 6 August 2015