Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Compactor Life STYLE Vacuum Storage Tote  White/Grey - XXL
Size: XX-Large|Change

on 9 January 2013
I bought one of these six months ago to store guest bedding, towels, duvets and pillows. I have now bought a further two as I am so impressed with the quality of the product. I have bought other vacuum storage products before and was not at all satisfied as they would lose their vacuum within weeks, however this case lasts until the next occasional guest arrives. The expandable straps inside help to keep the items inside compact.

As another reviewer has commented, it helps to pack items in roughly the shape as the container, in order to ensure even compression and maximum use of space. I have also bought the closet storage (on a hanger) - fingers crossed that they are as good as these beauties.
on 10 November 2014
The large compactor bag combined with the case really makes for an excellent and tidy storage solution. Ours currently has four pillow, a synthetic double duvet and bedding in it.

If you have a Dyson it is a bit of a pain to get it to make a good connection with the air plug on the bag so here's a tip that took me an age to find on the internet - get an old toilet roll tube (the cardboard bit at the center of the roll), shove the Dyson end in it - it's a pretty tight squeeze probably, get a good hold around that end and then use the other to put over the plug on the bag. Much easier that wrestling with the Dyson end directly.

Easy to handle, compacts things right down.

One other thing - remember to guide the compacting stuff into the case as you compact as you can inadvertently end up with it leaning over the edge of the case and when it is compacted it isn't very malleable.
on 10 June 2014
Having read reviews of cheaper products I decided to spend a bit more to get this one.
Overall the product appears very good. In particular the inner airtight bag is made of much stronger plastic than others I have seen, which are incredibly flimsy. You'd still want to treat it with a bit of respect - but with the outer bag to protect it, there is little to worry about.
It's got a good capacity. One key point is that you can't seal it if it's over-full. So the fact that it starts off so big before compressing shows the designers have thought about this. (Whereas cheaper ones don't seem to take that into account.) I got in two thick double duvets - carefully folded - and two pillows easily. But with one more pillow I couldn't seal it.
I've only just loaded it, so don't know if it will gradually expand as some seem to - but even if that does happen, the internal straps should help keep it under control.
My only criticism is it was not easy to suck the air out with my Dyson. The blurb claims it is compatible with all vacuum cleaners on the market. This is simply not true. The valve is much smaller than the Dyson hose, and the hose could not form a seal around it. I managed to improvise an adapter by cutting the top off a plastic Evian bottle and using some duck tape. Obviously not ideal, but I preferred not to return the product (which shows I am still pretty satisfied). With my DIY connector, the air was sucked out in just a couple of minutes. Then easy to do up the straps and zip - and job done!
on 17 February 2014
I have another review for the RAN3066 Compactor, which is the XL size. This is the medium size, but are still quite spacious - they take roughly half-to-2/3rds of the amount of clothes etc. of the XL, and will still comfortably take a standard hollowfibre double duvet and pillows. The bonus is that it is also easier to lift, stack and store.

None of my Compactor cases have started leaking as yet and they remain the best of these vacuum storage bags I've tried (and I've tried a lot!!). Highly recommended.
on 31 July 2013
Took ages to come so deducting one star or it would have got 5. Come on Amazon it was a long time in arriving!!??
Well packaged tho when it did and very good condition. I would buy again but know it takes an age to come. i do need to get another at some stage. The sucking with the vacuum was interesting as the nozzle dont fit over the hole so you have to hold it there for the air to suck out of the bag which is not easy. But eventually it did and all was well. Two double duvets well and truly squished! What a difference these bags make in storage of duvets well worth the extra money for a good quality one tho and this is it. There is one thing tho the white plastic strip that was meant to be with the bag was missing it slides along the two sheets to join up and close the bag before you start vacuumm cleaner on it to suck air out so i had to pinch it along with my fingers which took ages and ages so was disappointed with that. Apart from that would recommend and very happy. Thanks.
on 22 January 2016
Love these storage cubes, I waited a few months before purchasing another as I wanted to see if they actually stayed sealed. Yes they do, and they take a good amount of items. I have a king sized duvet, two pillows plus bed linen (to take on holiday) and still had a lot of room to spare for some towels. Ok, so they are a little more expensive, but I have spent quite a lot on supposed brand name vac bags that have failed within a couple of weeks of sealing. I now have 3 and use one for summer/winter clothes. These really are a good buy and they stack on top of each other as well
on 29 April 2015
Have had this bag for over a year & it's brilliant. Have opened & reseated on about 3 occasions & it has never let me down. It has stayed deflated for 4 months (longest unopened). Only downside is the valve...we have a Dyson & the hose/tubes do not have flat ends which makes it difficult to get a good seal for sucking out the air.....solution:- used a small piece of pipe insulation between & hey presto perfect seal. Have got a couple of other sizes & they are just as good. Will be buying more & would recommend.
on 8 December 2014
Amazing cases. I've used many different cheaper alternatives to this case and all of them have expanded and let air back in. So after constantly replacing cheaper ones from argos etc I decided to try this and it has stored all my baby clothes for the last two years in the shed with no issues. I just put it in a large black bag to protect and keep clean the outer white case but it is amazing you won't be disappointed. I recently brought two more for my new arrival and summer clothes. You won't be disappointed.
on 28 July 2014
Having tried various vacuum bags for duvet storage I have always been disappointed, as no matter how carefully you try to keep the closures airtight, after only a little time they swell up and offer no advantage over just putting the duvets into ordinary large bags. However, after good reviews I decided to try one of these, and I'm so glad I did! The inner bag is sturdy and closes well but I think the main advantage is the way you use the straps, much the same as in a suitcase, to ensure the items stay secure. Then the outer bag is sturdy and has carrying handles for ease of use. I put one double duvet in, was doubtful it I could fit another, but it went in with ease, and there would have been room for a couple of pillows as well. Really recommend it!
on 10 July 2014
I never thought I could get excited by a vacuum bag.. But this item is amazing.

So from the top.. It's big, the bag is about 4 foot high and opens really wide.

Quality is fine, I love having the bag hidden inside the box.

The packaging is all in French but the instructions are in English so this is not an issue.

We stored a winter duvet, summer duvet, two pillows and a mattress topper with room to spare.

The vacuum socket is just fine and it takes about 3 minutes to compress it all. The straps inside didn't serve me any really function, but is a neat feature.

Very impressed at how small it shrunk and the bag seemed great quality. I would recommended this box to anyone.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse