Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 15 March 2014
Wasted really on people who are too young to remember Watergate, the Vietnam war, Nixon etc. Great music from the time, Marvel superheroes, love to get a mask like Rorshacks.
on 18 September 2015
Film noir meets X-men meets Blade Runner. A good watch.
on 9 August 2017
Great fun
on 31 January 2014
Cool, this was a item i always wanted, Amazing Edition, Lots of extras, i really like seeing how a movie was made, This is a dvd edition, the Blu-ray edition have the same extras, i think, not sure.
on 3 March 2017
If you're a fan of the graphic novel then this is definitely worth watching
on 28 September 2011
This is a review for the ULTIMATE CUT of Watchmen. THE COMPLETE STORY if you will. As it says on the box. Unfortunately we here in the UK dont seem special enough to get this release here properly so if we want it we gotta import it. And then you better have a region free DVD player or it aint gonna play.

Having said all that, this really is the ONE! I loved the Watchmen movie as released but I longed for a full unadulterated version. Well, as full and as unadulterated as we could possibly have, integrating the Tales of the Black Freighter sections from the graphic novel back into the movie proper. I actually bought The Tales of the Black Freighter DVD but held back on buying Watchmen as I felt sure we would eventually get our own ULTIMATE CUT released here. That, as yet, has still to happen. So here I am. The proud owner of my first region 1 DVD.

Im not gonna review the movie as most of us who know....know....

......but oh what a package this is! And still not very expensive. The full 3 and a half hour cut of Watchmen with all the Black Freighter scenes seamlessly integrated into the movie. 2 commentaries, one with Zack Snyder and one with the legend that is Dave Gibbons, the original co creator and artist of the graphic novel. A disc chock full of featurettes and background on the Watchmen phenomenon and another 2 discs with the complete motion comic on.

All in all, the most comprehensive package of the Watchmen movie Im able to own at the moment and boy am I glad I got it.

Magnificent.
77 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2012
Simple review, enjoyed the movie immensely so bought it, saw there was an extended version so bought that as well. Now watching the shorter versions isn't quite as good. Should have learnt my lesson from buying teh extended version of Avatar ... same result.
on 31 August 2013
Probably my favourite film of all time, based on my THIRD favourite graphic novel/comic series of all time. The acting, setting, music-everything is perfect, and I totally recommend it to anyone who likes to sit and watch a film and actually think about it... :)
on 30 December 2015
fans of the theatrical release will be confused!
I didnt read the novel so unsure how close to the book this is.
totally different story and not as easy watch as the theatrical release was.
still a great movie and comes with both versions so great all round.
on 25 July 2017
Let me start of in saying that Watchmen is my favourite adapted comic book film. It's not my favourite comic book movie, that would have to be The Dark Knight. But purely as a representation of a adapted book, in this case the Watchmen graphic novel. This movie is near enough perfect in my humble opinion.

The version I would advise you to purchase would be definitely be the Director's Cut of the movie, the Theatrical Cut of the movie is watchable but only just. The extra twenty-four minutes in this particular Director's Cut really does flesh out the story and gives a much more satisfactory viewing experience than when watching the Theatrical Cut.

Right! what I have done is somwhat annoying, I've ALSO had to purchase the two disk edition of this movie, which does contain the Theatrical Cut, I've solely done this purely because if you want the second disc of extras, which is well worth it by the way. You unfortunately have to buy the two disc Theatrical Cut of the movie to get the second disc of extras. Due to the Director's Cut Edition is ONLY a one disc set, with no second disc of extras.

The ONE DISC Director's Cut does come with two wonderful commentary tracks though. One by Zack Znyder and the other by the co-writter of Watchmen Dave Gibbons.

But SINCE you can pick up BOTH versions on Amazon now, for just under £20 quid (as I write) it's not to bad an outlay of money. Annoying yes, but expensive no. Then you will have the definitive copy of Watchmen (The Director's Cut) as well as having a second disc of cracking extras to view.

Oh, if you have £40 spare you can IF YOU WANT BUY AS NEW the Director's Cut two disc edition. But doing it MY WAY YOU SAVE yourself £20 quid. The choice is yours.
44 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse