Customer reviews

1,070
Colour: Black|Change

on 23 December 2015
Here is my experience and first impression with this keyboard.
After unboxing the keyboard look so much nicer than the pictures, and the reason is that the pictures must show the oldest generation.
1- The windows logo is the same as windows 10.
2- Just above the keypad, there is a new button to launch directly the calculator, this was very welcomed!
3- The keyboard keys are soft and MUCH quieter than my previous unbranded keyboard, however it will take some time to get use to this feel tipping on it.
4- Just a small detail but the Microsoft logo is actually on the top right corner.
5- The blue function keys feel like laptop keys and can be used with the "fn" key similarly to a laptop.

This is a very good choice for the money, I won't go anywhere else, I did not want to go for a wireless one as I knew where it would be used and I do not have to worry with the battery going dead!

Delivery was unbelievably quick,the keyboard was in its original package with an amazon delivery label on the keyboard box..
review image
on 13 March 2016
I bought this keyboard as I wanted to have a second keyboard for my computer.
I looked for the cheapest new keyboard I could find and found another Microsoft keyboard, but when I noticed that for an extra couple of quid, I could get one with multi-media keys, I took a dive into this keyboard.
It was well worth it, this keyboard is great for it's low low price, and shipped with next day prime, made it the perfect buy.
It's got a full keyboard with a number pad on the side, the only key it's missing is a second windows key on the right of the space bar, which I find I miss when locking my computer with 1 hand.
The keys feel great, simple (soft) switches that produce very little sound when pressed and the material of the legs and rest of the keyboard is pretty solid too.
There are also 3 lights in the top right for caps lock, num lock and scroll lock - which some budget keyboards lack.
The Keyboard uses USB which is great as it's compatible with almost any device, including mac (although the keys do get a bit messed up, since the windows and ctrl buttons don't exist on a mac)

I would really recommend this keyboard to anyone who is either on a budget or needs a cheap second keyboard, maybe for a laptop?

Product description at time of review:
Upgraded with Windows charm keys
Hot keys included - play/pause, volume up, volume down and mute
Quiet-touch keys - quiet, responsive and thin-profile keys
Wired USB plug-and-play: no software needed, just connect the keyboard to your PC and go
Spill-resistant - enjoy a beverage whilst working, the keyboard is designed to withstand an accidental spill
review image review image review image
on 26 July 2017
Now this isn't an exciting product - nothing I write can get over the fact that it is a keyboard.

But... it's a good one. A really good one. If you spent a lot of time at a computer, like I do, you need quality equipment. And this is the keyboard for the job. Now, it's pretty simple, a standard layout, with a few extra keys along the top - Volume up and down, and mute, are the only 3 I actually use.

USB cable connection, with a decent length cable. Just a perfect tactile response when you use it - the posh looking keyboards with flush keys just aren't any good for everyday use.

This is such a good keyboard I ended up purchasing 4 of them - I figured that you'll get a couple of years out of them before they fill up with crumbs and fluff - you can only clear out so much of this stuff. If I ever hear of Microsoft changing the design, I'm going to buy enough to last me a lifetime.

This is the bread and butter of an office keyboard. No fancy gimmicks, no wireless battery or connectivity issues, just an absolute legend of a keyboard.
on 13 April 2017
Second one of these I've bought. Responsive, lots of programmable buttons, allows me to type very quickly. Last one lasted years so have no doubt this one will do the same. Very good price for a solidly built keyboard. Not quiet, but I didn't want a quiet keyboard as I like the auditory feedback when I'm typing.
on 14 April 2017
I love this keyboard! The touch is satisfying and ergonomic, making it the perfect companion for long hours spent writing essays and reports. The additional function keys (relating to sound and calculator) are a nice touch. The size of the keyboard is perfect for me and the positioning of keys combined with their responsiveness is great, particularly as I type more than 100WPM and so can be quickly frustrated by a bad keyboard! A great purchase!
on 26 October 2012
I got this keyboard after my previous microsoft keyboard had too many worn off letter keys. Also I decided I prefer my laptop keyboard to my clunky pc keyboard so this seemed a good choice.

However

The space bar when typing makes a noise which suggests something isnt right, its noticebly louder than the other keys and the noise is the sort of sound a dodgy spring makes.

If I move my finger across the space bar side to side, it tilts like a seesaw and when the right hand side tilts down the noise occurs, the left side is quieter although not like the other keys.

My old keyboard the spacebar doesnt tilt at all, my laptop space bar has a very slight tilt but nothing that causes an issue, so either my keyboard is faulty or this keyboard has a design fault. This is a shame as the rest of the keyboard is nice. Since the space bar is a very commonly used key I had to knock off at least 2 stars from the rateing.

Also if anyone is curious even tho the manual suggests ps2 will work, this keyboard will not work with a usb to ps2 adaptor I tried it with the one from my previous keyboard, it is usb only.
on 3 June 2017
Great budget keyboard. Seems very well made and has solid, sturdy construction. A lot more robust than i was expecting. Feels a lot more expensive than it is, it looks sleek and modern and is fairly compact. Had it the last two years and it's showing no signs of wear, still works perfectly. Great purchase. Would definitely recommend.
on 27 March 2017
I bought a keyboard with loads of media buttons I thought I would use and needed. Couple years later the keyboard failed and more importantly I never used all those extra media buttons whatsoever. I bought this Microsoft 600 keyboard and it's perfectly adequate and only ever use the volume and mute extra keys, apart from the main keyboard.
on 13 April 2017
Keyboard looks very professional, nice soft touch keys.
Plug and play, no issues installing.

There are extra buttons to control volumn and also a shortcut button for the calculator in Windows.
Highly recommended this keyboard and good price too.
on 13 August 2017
Plug it in. Start up.The BIOS recognises it immediately and away to go.
The keyboard works with windows - it is Microsoft after all.
The keyboard looks like quality and has a nice feel to the keys.
The key pad and caps lock have very small tell-tale diodes which a good thing.
Overall happy especially as it's very reasonably priced.