Customer reviews

on 6 June 2012
I have bought this book for a number of friends based on my own experience. It is a well written book that is just as interesting to golfers and non-golfers alike, covering as it does both playing golf around Ireland and also an insight in to Irish life and hospitality along the way.

Overall, I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 8 March 2010
Tom Coyne after only a few short months seems to think and write like a native.
I can now appreciate that I have been travelling around Ireland and its golf courses with my eyes wide shut.
Thank you Tom for a lesson in awareness of the great and wonderous people and things all around us.
Right now (in 2010)the Irish in Ireland need this appreciation
on 5 October 2013
I have been fortunate to play about 20 of the courses Tom played on his journey and am a member at Ardglass Golf Club. The book is one of my favourite books ever, well written, it tells a story so well that i smelt the damp shoes in my nose. I have the book permanently on my kindle and pick it up several times a month when I'm on a flight and every time it inspires me to play a round of golf
on 31 August 2017
Not up there with his other book Paper Tiger which is one of my all time favourite reads and easily my favourite golf book!
on 9 June 2014
A mad idea by a slightly mad man told in a very engaging and humble manner. For every 'why' there is a 'why not'. As an Irish golfer who has played some of the courses and probably taken them a bit for granted its really refreshing to see them through Tom's eyes. I wish I bumped into him when he was here!
on 17 January 2014
A must read for anyone who has a sense of humour, likes to travel and of course enjoys golf. Loved it
on 23 July 2013
I have not read the book yet, but will get round to it soon. Was surprised that this paperback edition did not contain a table of contents. I had seen a copy of the hardback edition, and I'm sure this did.
on 3 November 2016