on 1 December 2015
Nowhere on this packaging does it say this is a HDMI ARC cable, UHD or 2160p or 4k, as it misleadingly says in the item description, it says HDMI with ethernet 1080p HD on the packaging which is nowhere near good enough to hook our xbox one up to our 4k tv its just a standard HDMI cable. Found this same wire on ebay and nowhere on there does it way 2160p or 4k. Feel scammed and very annoyed.
review image
on 21 June 2012
This particular cable was purchased for one simple reason - it did not look the same as the other cables being offered. The other cables were all black with black plugs on either end, and their price varied greatly, because this had a distinctive cable covering and grey plugs I knew that I was not buying a good quality cable. One does not know which black cable is the better quality, even though this could probably be determined from the product information, and price was certainly no indication. Once these cables arrived they were plugged in to the equipment and they fitted snugly with little chance of becoming loose and falling out. They are still in position after many months and moving of equipment without unplugging the cables, and functioning as expected.

OK, they are a bit more expensive than the others, but you are getting what you pay for - a high quality product that shows it is not the run-of-the-mill black cable. I would certainly recommend this cable for those who want a top quality cable for top quality equipment, it will prove its worth over time. The old adage still proves true - you always get what you pay for - in other words, buy cheap and get a cheap product, on the other hand the inverse is not always true, but this cable is from a top quality manufacturer and it shows.
on 14 November 2011
I had an ongoing issue with my LG 19" HD Ready LCD TV, and the issue was a series of never ending flickering when watching only DVD Discs on my Blu ray player, and not encountering the same issue when watching Blu ray Discs themselves. I found that selecting 1080i on the Blu ray player had completely resolved this issue when watching DVDs, as my original selection was always 1080p/24fps, and that was obviously the selection that was causing the flickering situation when viewing DVDs. Now here's where the situation becomes interesting because when watching Blu ray Discs, the 1080p/24fps setting causes absolutely no flickering whatsoever, or any other forms of interruption. So, it would now be apparent to me that this 'p' and 'i' scenario is definately an issue for a lot of High Defintion setups, and those in question clearly cannot transmit a DVD Disc over HDMI in the 1080p or 1080p/24fps modes, because DVDs don't have the capacity of progression in a 1080p form. For Blu ray Discs, it is completely the other way around, because they do have the progressive capacity required for maximum signal integrity in a 1080p form, so this now pretty convincingly puts this complex issue to bed, at least for the time being. This cable is certainly a cracking remedy for HDMI/HDCP issues, which are of some relation to what I refer to above, and the 1080i setting for viewing DVD Discs is still absolutely stunning when using this cable.
on 13 December 2013
I bought this cable for my new Blu-ray player. It is well designed and sturdy and worth the money I paid for it against those cheap overpriced items in your local electrical retailer.

Only downside is the actual length of this. My player is situated directly below the TV, which left it a tight squeeze to the TV. Although not a problem for me, make sure you measure what you need. There is no give in this lead, so you need slightly bigger than you would with say a RF aerial or SCART lead.

I would recommend this to anyone (just make sure you buy big enough)
on 20 May 2013
I purchased two of these after changing my TV as none of my existing HDMI cables supported Ethernet and ARC (Audio Return Channel). They work well, are very good quality and finished to a high standard but the high specifications and additional functions mean the cable has become thicker and quite stiff. This thicker cable also means it's more difficult to hide any excess length as it needs to be coiled rather than folded, something to bear in mind when assessing what length you may need! The connector shells are also fairly bulky so can be quite difficult to fit them into tight spaces such as sound bars. There are some benefits though as they can now provide support for other cables instead of needing support themselves. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and will be adding more in the near future.
Shops try and sell you this sort of cable for £40+ and I just don't understand who is buying it?! Someone must be else they'd stop offering, and yet you could get 5+ of these for the same price as a shop sold cable.

Works like a charm with my TV/Amp, looks better quality that even lower cost cables and is HDMI 1.4, and not HDMI 1.3 like many cheaper alternative.

**UPDATE**
Recently bought myself a new 3D TV and the picture quality is excellent. I'm using a few of these cables now and all have been excellent. Works brilliantly with my 3D blu ray player.
on 12 August 2011
My Sony TV and DVD player were supplied by a local retailer who also supplied an HDMI cable to connect them. He said that it was a good quality cable. I soon found that if the cable was moved when playing a DVD the TV screen went blank. The connection could be restored usually by moving about the cable. It seemed to me that the problem could be the cable or either of the HDMI sockets. The retailer replaced the cable with an identical one, but the problem remained. This suggested to me that the problem was with the cable. I decided to purchase this XO platinum HDMI cable which has solved the problem. The picture is excellent, and what good value.
on 9 July 2012
An excellent transaction with this great HDMI Cable which I connected in no time at all. An excellent picture on the DVD and seems to have made a whole lot of difference to the picture rather than using an ordinary scart socket. Hooray for this HDMI Cable, The Seller was correct in everything about it, and I am well pleased with this cable, with just the right length of cable from my DVD to plug into everything i.e. DVD and my electric socket. Would definite recommend this item and the Seller. Thank you very much. I can now watch my BluRay DVDs now and know they're going to be the best with the new cable and they are.
on 4 February 2013
The product arrived in double quick time, but one of the plugs was in pieces, re-assembly was not hard and the problem was not the cable, the gold coloured inserts and the plug cover fell out of the bag when it was opened, I have found one of the inserts (they are hard to find against a floor that has gold as one of its colours)the tiny lug on it was broken, despite this the re-assembled plug works fine.

Ted
on 30 January 2013
I wanted to link a BlueRay DVD sound system to a TV using ARC protocol. This only works with cable v 1.4 or higher. Allows cinema quality sound for all TV programmes so worth doing (assuming your TV supports this). The cables are quite chunky so less flexible, therefore allow for a slightly longer length than just the distance between the two units.