on 13 November 2010
I recently bought two pairs of these cables for a 40" Samsung 3D TV and Blu-Ray player and Sky HD. The cables were great value, and look very solidly made. They dont have much flex on them, but you can tell they will last. I will be looking another one to link up my Xbox 360 with the telly. You wont be disappointed, and i highyl recommend these cables as a good solution
on 5 October 2009
Bought these to go from my PS3 and BT Vision boxes into my new AV amp to get the full surround sound effect out of my new system.
Leads are great, they do exactly what you need, and are clearly built to a high quality.
The delivery was fast and prompt and I have no hesitation in recommending the leads or the seller.
on 4 July 2009
Great cable for the money feel & look well built, solid connector, snug fit & gold plated. I have no issues with picture quality. Why spend a fortune when these do a great job. Don't believe I would notice the difference with more expensive cables anyway.
Will buy these again
on 31 October 2010
I bought 3 of these cables to use with my new Samsung 40" TV and home cinema system and I must say that I am blown away.

I am absolutely stunned by the picture and sound quality.
Also used for connecting my HP laptop to my 40" Samsung and no problem with picture quality.

I would recommend this for anyone's home cinema set up, you will not be disappointed.

You can't go wrong for the price.
33 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2009
As an early HD adopter i've made several forays into connecting a one HDMI socket Panasonic TV to various HDMI suitable devices, and I always been disappointed in one way or another. I also was concerned that there seemed to be a price point at which improved image transmission seemed to kick in - the more you pay, the better the image. So I was delighted with this new Platinum HDMI high speed cable. Great product, great picture, great price! Oh! And great service from HD Central. Happy, happy, happy!
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2010
Does what is says, nice qualty cable and fine 3d pictures, the only -ve is that the cable is not that flexible particularly comming out of the plug so several inches clearance are needed from the socket to e,h a wall.
on 12 August 2011
My Sony TV and DVD player were supplied by a local retailer who also supplied an HDMI cable to connect them. He said that it was a good quality cable. I soon found that if the cable was moved when playing a DVD the TV screen went blank. The connection could be restored usually by moving about the cable. It seemed to me that the problem could be the cable or either of the HDMI sockets. The retailer replaced the cable with an identical one, but the problem remained. This suggested to me that the problem was with the cable. I decided to purchase this XO platinum HDMI cable which has solved the problem. The picture is excellent, and what good value.
on 8 November 2010
Bought this and first few weeks have gone really well.

The TV was easy to set up and looks great.
on 30 November 2013
I replaced the hopeless cheap cable (tried two) with this much chunkier kit and all my AV problems vanished, literally: no longer appeared on the screen, vanished. Excellent quality, works perfectly and I wish I had bought it first and saved time and money I wasted on cheap versions.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 January 2012
I have always been told that when buying cables you should always buy the best available; that, in some establishments, means spending huge amounts of money on the pretext that this will ensure quality. Not true. If you are buying cables for a 3D TV then just about any 1.4a compliant HDMI cable will provide very good audio and sound. These cables are excellent value for money. I use them between a Panasonic 3D BluRay player, a Panasonic 42 GT 3D TV, soundbar and a SKY+ HD box. There is a definite improvement in quality over the 1.3v HDMI cables I was using previously. Don't spend a fortune on the mistaken belief that a £50 cable will give you better quality, I've been down that path and they don't.

Update (August 2012): Since I posted this review in January 2012 the cables have gone up in price significantly (nearly 10 fold). Thought I'd better add this comment otherwise some of the review will read a little strange - i.e. this is now a nearly £50 cable, it wasn't when I bought it.

Update (December 2012): Since I posted my last update the cables have now come back down in price, so obviously they weren't selling at the near £50 mark they'd been increased in price to. At current price of £12 they are still 3x more expensive than I paid but they are a good cable. Probably £6-£8 would be a fair price, however, at £12 they represent reasonable value for money.

Update (February 2013): since last update price appears to have moved upwards again.