on 9 February 2009
This concert is very special to me, it was the first time I had seen Mary performing live. This CD was the first release on her own label Mary Hopkin Music. It's a recording of Mary's performance in 1972 supporting Ralph McTell. Every song is wonderful but I two that stand out for me are 'Ocean Song' and 'Streets of London' a really wonderful collection of songs.
on 4 April 2010
This is the first time I have heard Mary Hopkin's lovely voice for many years, and what a joy. The recording makes it seem as if she is the same room as me, which is a startling thought. It brings back wonderful memories of the 70s and encourages me to try some of her later discs.
on 11 August 2013
A fine reminder of one of the most evocative voices of all and one of the most vivid periods of my life. A load of beautiful songs beautifully sung by a beautiful girl I had an enormous crush on. Such memories this brings back.
Unfortunately there are minor problems with the sound on the final two tracks but they're insignificant compared to the overall excellence of the album.
on 21 May 2013
Wonderful recording and lovely song. Really hope Mary Hoplin will have SACD version for all her best songs in future.
on 16 February 2017
Brilliant cd and sound quality is excellent.
on 30 October 2015