Customer reviews

on 20 August 2009
I wore this on my wedding day... I wanted something that would last all day and this was perfect... You dont need much just work it in and blend. I did spend more time on my make-up than I would normally!! I had looksed at all the other more expensive ranges around as I thought I would treat myself to new makeup for my big day - and after trekking from dept store to dept store, I gave up with all their sales talk, and went into my local Boots chemist... the girl understood exactly what I wanted... and I came away with everything I needed for less than half the price of the others... I will stick with Max Factor forever...
on 20 February 2011
I've been struggling to find a foundation to match my pale complexion - they all seemed too orange for me. But this is PERFECT.
The first time I used it I was outside for the day in the wind and the rain for a good majority of the day and it stayed on :) Only had to touch up at the end.
on 26 March 2011
I don't have the best skin so I tried this product because it had hight coveredge and it hid my spots quite well. I still need to use concealor but I was happy with this product. I would suggest testing this product in a shop first to find your shade but I think this i's definatley worth a try.
on 19 November 2009
The skin around my nose is quite red, and my quest to find a foundation or concealer that will satisfactorily cover the redness and stay put is unending.

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation is a silky liquid foundation which comes in a squeeze bottle. It blends very well and is neither too oily nor too dry with quite a matte finish. The coverage, however, leaves a little to be desired. The formula is quite thin and it seems that how ever many layers you apply you can't completely conceal the blemish or red patch. I use Max Factor Facefinity Foundation Compact - 1 Porcelain over the top, which helps a little, but even so the redness is not entirely masked. I'd recommend this for dark under eye circles rather than redness, as it gives skin a bright, luminous glow and conceals the darkness well.

The major qualm I have with this foundation is that despite it being "long lasting" it simply doesn't stay put, at least not for me. I don't have particularly oily skin at all, but after a few hours, even using Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, this foundation starts to fade and appear blotchy.

I'm yet to find a foundation which is any better, however, so despite these issues Max Factor Lasting Finish gets 4 stars. It covers redness adequately, and a little goes a very long way. I've had mine for months and there's still plenty left. If you're looking for a foundation to conceal dark circles and just finish off your complexion, I'd recommend this. If you suffer from rosacea or are covered with spots, this product probably won't do you much good.
on 9 January 2013
This foundation is so good that I'd buy it at thrice the price without complaining. Beautiful finish, perfect colouring (I'm naturally very pale with a lot of redness which contrasts with my blonde hair, but the shade 100 gets rid of my redness with no orange- or green- tones, without making me look like a ghost). I have combination skin which is a nightmare as almost all other foundations either dry out my skin, cling to dry skin making me look gross and kinda flaky, make me shiny, or only last a few hours before rubbing off due to greasy skin. This one does none of those things. It's usually a very matt finish and is beautiful to mattify further with powder to look really flawless in the winter when the sun isn't so bright, or on nights out, and also really great to mix with a bit of moisturiser (and in my case, move on to the slightly darker, more tan-toned (but still light) 102) in the summer, to give a really nice dewy, healthy, natural glow. There isn't a bad word I can say against this product. Absolutely brilliant xx
on 9 February 2010
Excellent foundation, brilliant coverage but not thick and gooey like some foundations. I previously used Estee Lauder double wear foundation and found this extremely hard to remove at the end of the day however this foundation is perfect alternative, allows the skin to breathe more and is a fraction of the cost! Thantathic!
on 6 November 2009
I bought the honey beige 108 foundation and i expected it to be quite big as the photo was, but the photo is quite exagurated(widthwise!)

Unfortunately I think i chose the wrong shade for my skin and would advise you to get a lighter shade than normal as it can make your skin loook dull and also quite dark.

If you are looking for a natural look then i wouldn't advise this one to you.

As some of the other reviewers have mentioned a little does go a long way!

I think it was probably the wrong shade that i got that caused the fact that I dont think it was very long lasting but again it was probably just the wrong shade!! :) x