on 1 April 2009
Very large brush that helps lashes to separate creating a natural look. I've got the brown one which I use everyday. It does not feel heavy on the eyes. Its very easy to wash off at the end of the day. what more do you need?
on 15 June 2009
I've tried lots of mascaras and I think Max Factor are one of the best brands. This one is the best I've tried. It genuinely looks like you are wearing false eyelashes, it doesn't clump and stays on all day. A great buy.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
At last a beauty product that does exactly as it says it should.

Normally I have sensitive eyes and have to be careful with whatever eye make up I use. I get fed up of buying expensive makes only to find that after a few uses I develop a reaction to them, so they end up being binned.

This one from Max Factor is one which I have been using now for a while and no reaction at all, well apart from 'are you wearing something different with your eye make up?' Now when my husband asks this question, it can only be a good reaction.

Seriously it does flatter your lashes and not in a clumpy or cloggy way, your lashes will be defined and without you having 'panda eyes' later in the day. The brush is a nice size and gets to all your lashes. I use the black and it really is a intensive black, not a wishy washy one. The other colour it comes in is brown.

If you are looking for a not too expensive mascara and one that does produce the effect of having lots of lashes without having to resort to false stick on lashes, this is the one. And 'panda eyes' no more.

This is also one to wear and not worry about crying whilst wearing it as it does not run or streak down your face.
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2011
I have short fair eyelashes and have tried every brand of mascara (from Collection 2000 to YSL), however based on the reviews here I tried this one, and it is the best I have used by far! My eyelashes look dramatically fuller and longer, and the brush separates them all evenly. Although it does not say waterproof, it does not smudge at all. An excellent purchase, high recommended!
on 9 December 2015
Usually love this product. It is the BEST mascara ever and everyone comments on my lashes... however, i am not sure the product i received was 100% genuine. It didn't go on as well as usual, and the label was slightly different so for that reason i wont be ordering again. If you want to buy the real thing in boots then i would definitely recommend this mascara! :)
on 20 July 2009
This mascara is fantastic, I was really suprised by how long and thick my eyelashes looked..it really does give a fake lash effect :D I don't even have to use that much. With other mascara's I had to put on about 3 coats to get my eyelashes looking full but with this mascara I only put on one!So another bonus is that you don't use to much and it lasts longer.
I think the reason why it works so well is because of the brush. It's a thick brush that really pulls your eyelashes up as you apply the mascara, but it doesn't leave clumps.

I bought mine for £12.99 at boots, so Amazon is offering a great deal on this. Defiantly get it!
on 11 January 2016
I am a mascara fanatic. I want a mascara that will give me crazy long and thick lashes, won't clump, won't streak or flake, and won't look spidery. I want one that also comes off easily when I want to remove it and doesn't irritate my eyes. I'm not asking for much, am I? I have found a number of mascaras that I liked but that didn't fit all my criteria. After hearing about and reading reviews of Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, I had to try it.

I bought it and was very eager to try it. The tube is thick but the brush is a dense comb. It isn't a huge brush but it is fairly substantial with short comb-like bristles. The formula is not watery or messy. I didn't apply primer the first time I tried it because I wanted to see how the mascara performed alone.

The first coat was decent, nothing special. Three coats in, I did have longer looking eyelashes. They were darker and a bit thicker. I didn't get a lot of volume with the mascara which is often the case with me. I have straight, medium length lashes that are thin and need to be plumped up. This mascara did give me enough volume so that my lashes didn't look like spidery sticks. However, I did not look like I had false lashes on nor did I find the mascara to be that much better than a couple of cheaper mascaras

This mascara doesn't flake throughout the day and it holds up well. If it gave me a bit more volume, I would really like this. It is clump free even with numerous coats which is a real plus.

The mascara washes off with my facial cleanser or eye makeup remover and doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I do think it is a BIT pricey for the results but I have enjoyed the overall effect and immediate longer lash look.

In all, I am going with 4 stars. I wasn't blown away but it takes a LOT to blow me away and only a couple of mascaras ever have (but clearly not enough for me to stop looking for even better results). For the price point, this mascara delivers well although I think it's a tad pricey compared to other drugstore mascaras that work well like Covergirl's LashExact which is around $7.00 and gives comparative results. I would go with 3.5 stars but can't so I went to 4. If you are looking for a mascara that lengthens, darkens, and adds some volume and that isn't clumpy, this is a good choice. It may be a GREAT choice for those who don't demand so much from a mascara like I do.
on 17 March 2015
Returned straight away. Came without any packaging or a seal and the tube looked 'used' (gold bits scratched off). Even if it hadn't been used, once it's been opened mascara's meant to be used within 3 months as it harbours bacteria and how do I know how long ago this was opened? You wouldn't buy a drink with the cap unsealed so why a mascara.
review image
on 10 December 2015
It's not the same as in the picture so to me it looks fake! And I use this mascara all the time.
review image
on 28 December 2014
Best mascara I can remember ever having. My lashes are shorter and more sparse than they were in my 20's but this makes them look amazing! The wand has loads and loads of bristles and it's quite thick so you get great separation and definition and it's not clumpy or thick looking when it's on. Not sure I'd exactly say it gives a false lash effect (which for me is a plus point) but it does make the lashes very noticeably thicker. My husband even noticed them so it must be good! A final note, mine came sealed as I read that many people's didn't.