Customer reviews

on 2 April 2017
Great
on 24 March 2017
Good CD
Seller was v good after a hiccup with the delivery, which was down to the post.
Would use again.
on 15 March 2009
simply some of the finest pop music ever created. this is the music of my youth, my present and the soundtrack to my future. shame that room could not be found for some rarities or unreleased items ("don't go but don't stay either", "wonderful day") or the material recorded for warners and creation. however, what is here is 5 star pop with hooks & words to sweep you off your feet, bring tears to your eyes and put a ruddy great smile on your face; occasionally all at the same time. buy two copies, one for yourself and one for a friend. they'll love you forever.

incidentally, nick has a new album out with india dupre "the mermaid & the lighthouse keeper" which also comes very highly recommended indeed.
on 27 January 2013
Someone bought me "Love Plus One" on a 7" single when it was first released back in '82 & even though I loved it, I couldn't really admit it as we were all into AC/DC, Quo, Motorhead etc & being only 18, I hid it at the back of the singles box. At the time they were viewed by us "serious" music appreciators (pretentious or what) as a "poppie" boy band with nice hair.

Thirty odd years later I & I can listen to what I want without fear of ridicule. I was looking at "Pelican West" as that was the album I associated with Haircut 100 but on checking the tracklisting, I realised that this was actually "Pelican West" on disc one & Nick Heywoods greatest hits on disc two. So double bubble !!!

It's a lovely album, the songs are well crafted & well played. The songs tend to be in the same sort of vein, light & infectious with no surprises. I can't comment on other reviewers criticisms about which tracks are included or missed off - to me it sounds great. It has the four singles I remember as well as some other delightfully easy to listen tracks. I first thought it sounded dated, but after several listens I've decided that it was actually ahead of it's time & is not as out of place now as a lot of it's rivals from the same era sound on re-listening.

In the end, it's not (yet) a five-star album on content - but who knows. My opinion on music tends to change over a period. But on value for money - definitely.
on 10 June 2013
The Double album from Nick Heyward is brilliant … The all great Haircut 100 numbers, in exactly the same order as the Old 12″ Pelican West Vinyl album …. Just love the old Escort Rs2000 rore between tracks, a real blast from my teenage years !!!! … This album was well ahead of it's time and can still compete today in the Pop market place ... 11/10
on 24 July 2013
Love music, enjoy listening to Nick Hayward after all this time good value for money. Arrived in good time, very pleased with purchase.
on 22 February 2017
A real mix of old and new songs. Loved every minute
on 5 November 2016
Great little songs to put you in a good mood
on 27 March 2016