on 22 November 2012
After extensive research on Amazon I bought this product as I wanted to secure it onto the back of my pannier rack. When the product arrived I was disappointed to see that this light fitting is not suitable to be screwed onto the pannier rack despite giving the impression that it was. It is fine to be attached to the seat post and from the frame near the back wheel. I already have a seat post bike light and as I have panniers I cannot have a light at the back wheel. I needed the light to go on the back of the pannier rack so that when I had extra baggage on the rack a bike light is showing as my seat post light is blocked by the extra baggage.

However, although the product was not to my satisfaction, when I emailed Amazon and their supplier, the supplier got in touch with me straight away and credited the money back to my account. I did mail back and ask how I returned the item but was advised that the cost of postage was too high to return (it came from Hong Kong) and that I could retain the item. I therefore thought the customer services from the supplier was extremely good.
on 6 November 2012
The description says that this light is "by Raleigh". It is NOT "by Raleigh". It is made by Shun Feng product code SF-288. I could have bought a non branded one from Amazon, despatched quickly by Amazon for £3.43 including shipping. Instead I waiting a two weeks to receive a rear light by Shun Feng!
I'm not sure if the plastic clip, included with the light is a "pannier rack mount" but the light won't slide down on to it, anyway. It slides halfway down and then will slide no further. I'd guess that this clip should be for another product. Perhaps the supplier realises that they are pushing the truth with this product because they did include a free "fireflys" light up device with the cycle light. Thank you ... but I would rather have received a "Raleigh Carrier / Pannier Rack Mount Rear 5 LED Light by Raleigh"
on 20 April 2017
The bolts to fit these to a rear carrier are not long enough. So you can't mount them safely on your rear carrier.

Plus, the light quality is appalling. Whoever wrote "ultra bright" in the marketing team needs sacking.

I have returned the item as it gives out less light than my existing Electron POD light.
on 2 October 2012
I bought this product which was a bit more expensive than the other ones on offer.
Firstly the connection onto the back of the bike, no matter how tight at the start, becomes loose and the light slumps to point at the floor.
I also had a problem that whenever I hit a bump it turned itself off. This was fixed by shoving paper in with the batteries which wasn't great! Now whenever rain gets on it it gets stuck on! Actually Raging
on 15 September 2012
Light is good and bright, but unfortunately the seat post clip did not hold the light firmly enough - off it flew, never to work again after a stationary landing from pannier height. So one week's use was all I got from this light. Will be looking for something more robust next time!
on 27 March 2009
nice item, bit of a cycle buff and this does the job well, i wanted different attachments so i could attach it to back of my rack, it comes with rack attachment and two other stem like attachments one big one small, plenty to put the light where ever you want it.
on 4 October 2009
Great back light. Works very well and comes with both pannier and seat post mounting options.
on 4 January 2010
I bought this Rear LED Bike Light around a month ago and so far, so good. It's quite basic but at the end of the day it just needs to beam out a good strong light and it does fine.

One thing I would say about this kind of LED light, is that (in general) they can at certain angles be less visible to other people. However as this is something that can effect all LED lights you can't knock this one for being any worse.

Cheap and cheerful and does the job.. I'm happy!
on 24 February 2012
Very bright.............and a host of atachment methods and brackets.

I put one on my wifes bike on the rear carrier.................Liked it so much
I am getting one for myself.

As the light is "quick release" from the permanent brackets and it comes with more than one type of bracket
I can use one bracket on the rear carrier of my hybrid and then use the seat post bracket on my mountain bike.....and just move the light from one bike to the other with ease.

Several different modes all as bright as my £27 plus Cateye Hl-Ld1100 Rear Light Led
which has two independant bars of lights on my touring bike so is a little more sophisticated.....but no better really.

great value.........looks and feels well made.......a real steal at this price and bright enough for daytime riding.
on 10 November 2012
Not all cheap goods are worth the money. This is an example. Yes the light works, lightweight. Poor design fault lets it down. When first got thought it was broken, put in batteries, no light, another set no light. Contacted seller, not the most polite or helpful reply.

Found the fault, the button does not work correctly. Only works if hold it down firmly. Poor design, cheap product and not worth it. Have had better lights, for just a little more. Would not buy again. Oh yes and stopped working after less than 2 months. Better saving money and buy a better one.