I wanted something to keep the frost off mine and my wife`s car, because we both leave pretty early for work and even if we didn`t, our cars are sheltered from the helpful thawing qualities of the morning sunlight. We have smallish cars - a Focus and a Fiesta - so obviously this cover is plenty big enough, leaving about a foot of excess trapped inside the car. The first significantly frosty day of the winter was inevitably late as I`d been waiting to use these for ages! But there was a perfect dividing line between the area that was covered and the area that wasn`t, so as long as you position it right, well, you`ll just have the doors, mirrors and rear screen to scrape :( I can imagine how fitting it in strong winds would be a nightmare, and there isn`t really a perfect way to fit it without disturbing it slightly when you shut the door (apart from fitting it while inside the car and leaving via the back doors). For this price, it does its job excellently and ticks another thing off the "annoying jobs to do in the morning" list.
on 24 September 2014
Ok
on 3 December 2012
This arrived instantly. This fits my car windscreen where others have been too small and it's waterproof. just perfect. thanks
on 16 November 2010
Unlike some thicker alternatives, this one didn't set my alarm off! It covers a Rav4 windscreen well, being quite large. Don't worry about it being thin as that is not a problem. What is, though is getting it into place. You need to slam both front doors onto it, with it taut across the windscreen. As you slam a door, the draught you create blows it away from the screen. However, there doesn't seem to be any way round that apart from having suckers onto the windscreen.

If it is not firm on the screen then you will get ice behind it, but not as much as you would get without it in place: just ridges where it folds away from the screen. My experience in December 2010 has been that it is so cold I get ice on the inside of the windscreen too!

I would give it between 4 and 5 stars overall.

Edit: Going into its third winter now, and it is an absolute essential if your car is outside overnight! We had freezing rain the other day. I put the cover on a wet windscreen and of course, it stuck to the windscreen overnight. However, it peeled off easily, shedding huge quantities of ice in the process. That ice would have been difficult to remove from the windscreen. A quick squirt of de-icer and I was away. Normally, de-icer isn't required.
44 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2010
I was worried that this frost cover wouldn't fit my minibus windscreen, but it does fit perfectly! It has long thin weights to hold the sides in place inside the doors and I can tuck the bottom edge under the wipers. No more rushed mornings trying to get ice off the windows in the mornings, no more running the engine using up gas and stinking the street out or spoiling the environment either. I'm ready for the ice and snow!
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2012
Cheap and i can see why,it works ok if you can get it fitted flush to the screen but that's not easy,closing the door causes a draft which pulls the cover away from the screen and its very difficult to keep it flush against the screen.

I have since bought a slightly more expensive one with suckers and that makes all the difference,stick those on the inside of the screen and it keeps everything in place as you close the doors.buy one of those for a pound or two more you wont regret it,

Ian
on 14 March 2017
kept on falling of my screen.. you need at least 2 people to put it on. Def won't work on a windy day.
on 3 February 2011
Feels flimsy, but hasn't proved to be so in use. Long enough and thin enough to tuck easily in the car doors, which makes it thief-proof, and can be pulled firmly and closely across the windscreen. The padded weights on the end make it easy to manoeuvre. Only criticism is that it is so thin that it can stick to the windscreen in very heavy frost,and not quite deep enough to cover the while screen - Citroen C3, but not the 'new' one!
on 9 December 2011
I bought this item from Galaxy's and it turned out to be a simple sheet of grey plastic which looks like it will tear at the first sight of any wind! Nothing at all as described on this advert which states it is a nylon cover. Therefore can only give the product 1 star based on what I received.
on 11 December 2011
My car was the only car in the street with a thick layer of frost on windscreen after using this product. Save the imbarressment of pulling your no frost cover back to a thick layer of ice. Rubbish.