on 26 February 2016
Arrived quickly and a great mixed album. Complements his recent release with the Arcs but perhaps a little less psychedelic. Prolific quality song writing at the moment. Great array of influences, eras and styles. Especially like whispered words and wouldn't be surprised to hear 'goin' home' closing a film sometime in the future
Every bit as solid an effort as some of the best of The Black Keys output. I initially held off even listening to this one, assuming some sparce set of demos or cast off's. Not so, this is a quality album and an absolute link to where he would go with Brothers under The Black Keys banner. Essential to the Black Keys fan.
on 7 October 2016
Amazing music, you can feel the emotion, just beautiful.
on 3 March 2015
great
on 29 April 2013
I bought this as a present for my son - had a sneaky listen and that was my introduction to Dan Auerbach. I'm glad I did!
on 6 April 2017
CD has been resealed and is clearly second hand. Not new as listed.
on 2 May 2017
a change whould like more
on 2 August 2013
A must have for any Black Keys fan. Dan Auerbach has an amazing sound. The lyrics on this album are SO good. This is one of my top 5 favourite albums of all time.
on 9 July 2013
This was recommended by my stepson who is really a fan. After listening to this I now know why - add me to Dan's list of fans.
VINE VOICEon 31 March 2017
Black Keys fans should probably cover their eyes, but I like this more than anything of theirs I've heard. And I am a fan, there's just something about the lo-fi way this is recorded and the more prominent old school soul influences that do it for me. I bought it on vinyl and can honestly say it's the best sounding vinyl I have. It's like it was recorded for that medium. Just brilliant, I can't stop listening to it. I like the deliberately grungy sleeve as well - a mono label in the corner would have made it perfect.