on 18 September 2009
I lost my activity meter for the Nintendo DS game Active Health with Carol Vorderman (Nintendo DS) and rather than buy another copy of the game I bought this.

It is exactly the same model and easily connects to the game and updates with all your old data. You'd only lose the walking data held since your last update.

The cheapest way to replace the activity meter by far. After searching on-line there wasn't anywhere cheaper than Amazon.

It also works with the game Walk With Me! Do You Know Your Walking Routine? - Includes Two Activity Meters (Nintendo DS) but so far only these 2 games support it.

I've given this 5 out of 5 as it does exactly what you need it to and the price is great!
on 13 October 2010
I had the game Walk with me for Christmas 2009 I became obsessed with i, then one night whilst out I lost my pedometer in a nightclub and I was really upset I wouldn't be able to measure my steps again so I searched for a replacement keeping my fingers crossed it wouldn't be to expensive and I came across this.

The pedometer is exactly the same as the the 2 which come with the game and if you buy a replacement one because you have lost yours it is easy to upload your data onto it. You may also want to buy another one for more people to join in the walking adventure.

The pedometer itself has a little light which will flash red as you walk and measure your steps, once you have reached your step target for the day it will turn green. The downside to the pedometer is you do have to keep hooking it up to the ds to see how far off target you are. The pedometer comes with a back on which is flat so you could just carry it in your bag or you can attach a clip to it by removing the back and replacing it with the clip back you will need a small screw driver for this. As for measuring steps I have worn this alongside other pedometers and found it to be pretty accurate so I would recommend to all who mis place their pedometer or want one for family or friends.
on 8 October 2009
With owning this meter on the original game it became apparent that this will benefit the whole family - even my 9 year old wants to walk more and being competitivewants to beat the previous days target and beat the parents - now even the grandparents and other relatives are getting in on the act - amazon watch out for an explosion of orders for this product - in this day and age of trying to become fitter and have at least 60 minutes of exercise per day certainly makes this fun.
on 29 May 2010
My husband and I enjoy using the activity meter with the Nintendo DS. We are both retired and it is fun to keep an eye on the number of steps we take each day. However we are both on our third activity meter as they dislodge so easily from the waistband of trousers. It would be good to have something to attach it more safely
on 1 February 2010
I had to buy one of these as the first one I had went through the washing machine and was ruined....it works just like the original.
on 24 June 2010
Unfortunately I lost the Activity Meter, which came with the Active Health game. As both the game and using the meter have helped me greatly in losing weight, I wanted to get a replacement meter as soon as possible. The retailer despatched the meter very quickly and I was back in action after only a few days. It would probably have been even quicker if I hadn't lost the original meter on a weekend.
I have found the meter to be quite accurate when attached to clothing or placed in a pocket and I use it with the belt clip attached. As long as I remember that it doesn't record consecutive steps numbering less than 10, not does it record that well if barefoot and is not effective when using my Wii fit programmes; I am very happy with the performance.
I do wish the meters were a bit cheaper but they do work very well and they go a long way to giving me the incentive to try and get fitter. As I have health problems I have to adapt the usage accordingly re exercise. I am not able to comply with increasing step targets and the like but using the meter has contributed to a general improvement in my fitness (comparatively) and helped me lose some weight too.
I happily recommend this product and the retailer.
My only criticism is that using the meter attached to clothing can be a bit risky, especially when the clip can become loser with prolonged use and I wish there was a way to attach a safety clip or similar, as well.
on 27 January 2012
i had to buy a new one as the one i had fell out of my pocket at work and i ran it over with a forklift , errrrrrrrrr did`nt do it much good so i had to buy a new one can`t say much else really except don`t run these over with a 3ton forklift does`nt do it much good hey ho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 1 March 2012
Bought the game which came with 2 activity meters. I had both in my pocket as I felt that one was not working properly. I then bought these activity meters. They were a lot better. It could have been that the battery was going on the one not working properly. Not had any problems since. Also I now have a spare so that if a family member or friend wants to go for a walk I can lend them one!
on 14 September 2013
Bought as a replacement for my original walk-with-me activity meter. Easy to transfer data from DS. Comes with a new back which you have to screw into place with a small screwdriver if you want to clip this to your belt.
on 3 November 2011
excellent! ...i really must stop washing them ...think this is my third!!! supplied with no fuss ....and very quickly too ...hope i don't have to buy another one!