on 18 August 2015
I loved this toy when I first bought it and so did my son, who likened it to The Gruffalo story. However, within less than a year it has fallen apart. My son has not been any more rough with it than a typical toddler, but the inside of the treehouse is made using a type of interfacing material, (like a thick tissue paper - NOT cotton etc) and has completely ripped, allowing all the stuffing to come out.
Not at all happy with this as it was expensive.
review image
55 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 September 2011
A truly lovely soft play item. Lots of fun to be had hiding the various puppet toy animals in their tree, as well as playing with them individually. Nice carry handle too. Altogether a quality item which went down very well with our 3 year old. I'm sure it will be played with lots. Good overall size. Very impressed. Excellent value.
on 12 June 2013
Beautiful set. For all the reviewers who can't understand the fox puppet, you put a finger in each of the front paws. Not terribly complicated!
on 29 September 2016
I purchased this item last year to find out today it has disintegrated. I am extremely disappointed as I needed to use this as part of my lesson theme for today. I hadn't realized it had disintegrated until I got to school. I am hopeful for a new one. The batch number is H14G.
on 27 September 2012
This is such a beautiful toy, the picture doesn't do it justice. It is well made and the animals look really cute. The tree is also soft and the stitiching is good, so pretty unbreakable, with a handle that makes carrying it around easy. My 2 year old niece loved it and immediately set about pulling all the animals out and bringing them to life. The animals in the tree include an owl, a bird, a squirrel, a fox, a badger and a hedgehog. The fox is slightly bigger than the other animals and is not a finger puppet. The hedgehog is smaller and I couldn't really get my finger into it properly, however, it is fine for my niece. I love it and wish I'd bought one for myself too!
on 24 May 2015
This is a lovely product, however a little more time should be spent the fine detail. i.e. the owls beak was on upside down, one of the puppets finger hole was too small, hadn't been finished. Having said this, I must add that fortunately these snags when unnoticed by the children who loved their new found woodland friends.
on 24 June 2014
I have purchased two of these Tree House puppet sets, one whilst on holiday in the Lake District and the other via Amazon. The puppets are designed for 1 year+ and the recipients are both a year old, a girl and a boy. Both seized on the toys immediately and were so interested in them it was a joy to see. The quality is superb and will give lasting enjoyment as well as being educational. Delightful.
on 3 July 2011
this toy is really fun,it's even been used as a little bag by my little girl. She plays with the owl the most. A good choice and a great gift.
on 19 February 2016
My daughter was given this as a gift, and we loved it. Sadly, within a year the internal ribs completely disintegrated, the white cloth covering the stuffing to be precise. Stuffing everywhere. Had to go in the bin sadly. Puppets still going strong however.
on 8 January 2015
An absolutely beautiful toy and great fun for parents as well as the little ones.

The tree trunk, which is about 12 inches tall, has a fabric door which can be opened and fastened shut, and can be used for making the little creatures pop in and out of the holes in the tree trunk. An adult hand fits in fine. It has a fabric handle on top making it a convenient home for what I suspect will be a growing collection of these superb puppets.
The squirrel, fox, owl, blue tit, badger and hedgehog are delightful. They are bigger than what I have always thought of as a finger puppet, about the size of my fist rather than the size of a glove finger. Each individual puppet is a very good quality small soft toy in its own right. The fact it has a hole for putting a finger is almost a bonus. The fox does not have one central finger hole but has finger holes in his front legs so you can make his legs work.

I can't get over how well made this toy is, and what good value for money. The stitching is good and small parts firmly attached making it safe for small children. This was a present for a one year old granddaughter but I'm buying another one for another grandchild, (his parents asked if he could have one for his birthday as they loved it so much). I'm also considering buying a doorway puppet theatre and puppets from the same company for another older grandchild.

I'm not surprised the product has so many glowing reviews and to date not one single negative review. It's a rare pleasure to buy a toy that is so well made, educational, fun, and keeps both adults and children engrossed in imaginative play.

See one answered question