on 2 January 2013
I ordered this item after an exhausting 3 weeks of constantly expressing, washing and sterilising bottles when I left the hospital as I couldn't get my baby to latch on. Initially I hadn't been overly fussed whether I'd breast or formula feed but it was such an emotional time after having an emergency c section, and not being able to breastfeed made me feel like I was somehow failing my daughter. The community midwives tried to help but eventually even they accepted defeat and advised I would have to switch to formula and I shouldn't feel bad about it, as I was stressed out and also starting to lose my milk supply. As a last ditch attempt, I ordered one of these and straightaway, she latched on. I gradually managed to work on breastfeeding without it, secure in the knowledge that if she couldn't latch on I had it as backup, and after a couple of weeks I no longer needed to use it. I've now been exclusively breastfeeding for 10 weeks and have joined a local group where I found that a few other women had also had to use this product. It's a shame it's not included within the Bounty Pack you receive in hospital. I spent so much money on bottles, pumps, a sterilizer and nipple shields, I am still astounded that something so cheap and simple made so much difference. And it is so much more convenient to not have to make up/warm bottles whenever the baby starts crying. However, I would like to add for anyone who even after trying this still can't breastfeed that I was really concerned by not doing so I wasn't bonding with my baby. What I actually found was that when I could, it was no different to how we'd bonded whilst she was being bottlefed.
on 6 January 2012
The latch assist was bought for my daughter,she said she would have given up breast feeding if she had not used the latch assist.
on 10 December 2015
Saved my bacon a good number of times! suffer with flat nipples and couldn't breast feed my first son. tried this out with my twins recently and it worked wonders! only issue is when milk is fully in and you use this some of the milk can get into the rubber bulb and it's difficult to clean out but not a major problem.
on 4 August 2010
does what its meant to but didnt help me much with feeding but dont think that was anything to do with the product.
on 9 December 2015
I was struggling to get my baby to latch on when breast feeding. Unfortunately this product didn't help me. I found nipple shields were better.
on 9 February 2012
This product made a real and tangible difference to breastfeeding my second child during the first 6 weeks-2 months. I have flat nipples and had struggled on with my first child with bad cracks etc. which in hindsight were due in large part to problems latching and repeated attempts to latch due to the flat nipple issue. I saw this product whilst pregnant with my second child and thought i'd give it a go - and it quickly became indispensable. By drawing out the nipple before the latch, it really helped get the correct latch first time - which saved a lot of the pain and nipple damage I'd had first time round. Each woman's experience of breastfeeding is very different but at this price, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest giving it a go.
on 17 November 2013
This was really useful for pulling out the nipple in the early days of breast feeding, much more gentle than an electric breast pump.
on 22 June 2015
Unfortunately it didn't work with me and I have completely flat nipples. I had to express my milk instead.
on 7 March 2012
I tried this out for a couple of weeks, starting from the day my milk came in. It would pull out the nipple significantly, but by the time i would get my fussy newborn with flailing arms under control and on target, the nipple would have sunk back in again. I had expected the effect to last more than 1 minute. My baby was extremely fussy though, if you don't have to deal with trying to hold their arms back and can latch them on straight away, it can work. Or perhaps I just needed more practice.
on 18 August 2015
This is brilliant, when about to give up this has made me carry on, very happy