on 5 June 2016
Disappointingly, this does not seem to consistently provide a signal from the right device; sometimes there doesn't seem to be a connection, and the switching of devices appears to be somewhat random. The absence of any instructions clearly doesn't help, as figuring out the prioritisation of the ports is hit-and-miss. I bought a similar device a few years ago for someone, and it has worked like a dream - reliably and invisibly switching between three ports without the householders (who do not like to have to think about their technology) even being aware of it. This one has been a big disappointment in comparison, and is sitting on the side gathering dust until I have enough energy to figure out by trial and error if I am just connecting cables in the wrong order, or the device is actually faulty.
on 3 March 2017
It worked ok for a few months but after 3 months the pictures from the devices I was using started getting grainy and started giving a blank screen. Once I removed the HDMI and put it straight into my TV it worked perfectly, I am now back to switching my HDMI's manually until I can replace it.
It also says that it picks up which device is turned on but because I was using Virgin TV and an Amazon Fire Stick which stay on standby rather than switching off I would have to manually change the device each time.
on 4 April 2016
I've used Neet stuff previously (HDMI over CAT5) and it's worked brilliantly. Here, not so good. Got an older Panasonic plasma, not enough inputs, so bought this. Have connected an Onkyo reciever into input 1 and a Fire TV stick into input 2. For some reason, the Fire TV is unhappy; it works inasmuch as it fires up, but gets stuck in a loop of 'optimising system storage and applications...', followed by a reboot and repeat.
review image
on 18 October 2016
The box arrived today first impression looked good small box, but the USB power wire did not connect to box correctly all I hear is something moving in the box thing is it's so fragile, don't work at all for me this is my first bad review disappointed to say on amazon I looked for a long time for a 4 K HDMI switch next time I will not bother you better off having £25 in your pocket than a something that easily breaks in the same day you get it waste of money.
on 27 January 2016
This was bought for use with a ChromeCaste media streaming device and a video recorder. It has three HDMI inserts for devices and one HDMI outlet from this to the TV. Although it should have been obvious to me, I forgot that I would need an HDMI cable from it to the HDMI inset on the TV, as I was only thinking about connecting the devices into it without any thought about getting the signal from those to the set, and so had to go out and get an HDMI cable to complete the setup. I'm usually not that dumb. The unit did exactly what I wanted it to do and works perfectly.
on 4 January 2017
I purchased this so it would auto switch between my Virgin Tivo box and Apple TV. I have an expensive set up including top quality HDMI cables but it doesn't auto switch. I even followed the instructions putting Tivo box on input 1 but still does nothing! Will be asking for my money back.
on 23 April 2017
Smaller than expected which is good. Easy to set up. It struggled at first to find devices but unplug and reconnect did the trick. Very pleased with it and although it has a remote, it's not necessary as it automatically finds device that's switched on.
on 9 March 2017
Great little product! Samsung 40 odd inch only has 2 hdmi one of which is designated to virgin TiVo box. With this 5 port neet addition which I have Xbox one, Apple TV and blue ray hooked up too I have the ability to swap platforms at the touch of a button on the small included remote. With the appliances I have hooked up there was no need to use the ac plug for the device as hdmi power seems to be sufficient. Now the lazy me doesn't have to fiddle around with all the hdmi cables down the back on my tv 😎
on 24 June 2017
Prompt delivery. Simply plugged in and played immediately excellent automatic switcher device
on 8 March 2017
very good works well ,good instruction and help line