Format: Audio CD|Change

Although I was looking forward to hearing this CD which reunites Paul and Eric Clapton from the group Powerhouse (I've still got the vinyl album of "What's shakin'") I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed. The backing musicians on this record are very good (particularly Mike Thompson on keyboards) and Eric plays nice guitar on "Choose or cop out" and particularly the title track but overall I much prefer Paul playing with the Blues Band. On many of the songs (particularly his own compositions) I find Paul's vocals too dramatic, too actorly. On "Big blue diamonds" I'm afraid Paul's voice sounds a bit bland in comparison to Percy Sledge.

That said, since the early days of Manfred Mann I've rated Paul as one of Britain's best harp players and his harp playing is good throughout this record. There are undoubted successes here, I was never very keen on Mel and Tim's "Starting all over again" but Paul's version is excellent, probably the best track, closely followed by the souly "Still true" and the swinging "Alvino's Entourage". Just don't give up the day jobs Paul...
on 3 June 2009
"Starting All Over Again" is a very sophisticated album, so you have to listen to the tracks quite a bit to really get into them and appreciate them to their full extent. Once you do this, then you will find that they will blow your mind away!

This is a really "must have" mega awesome album!

Check out Paul Jones singing "Philosopher's Stone", from the album, on Youtube. It's a wow! There's a very interesting interview too about the album "Starting All Over Again".
on 4 June 2012
I bought this Paul Jones solo album for my wife who is a massive fan of him and the Manfreds. We have seen them live a few times now and his voice is still 1st class as is his harmonica playing. He loves the Blues of course so this album reflects that love and he is a quality artist so even Eric Clapton appears on it. If you like Paul or Blues then give this a try if you don't already have a copy and you won't be disapointed.
on 11 May 2009
Absolutely brillaint - why has Paul hidden his light under a bushel for so long; this is an amazing set of blues songs.
Starting All Over Again
on 23 February 2013
Why Mr Jones hasn't been recording solo albums I don't know but it was worth the wait: great songs, a terrific band including special guest Eric Clapton and of course the as-good-as-always sweet and powerful vocals of the legend himself. Rock, soul and blues is the best description of styles. And there's a bonus cut, the duet he recorded with Percy Sledge in 2004 for Percy's Shining Through The Rain album.

Rumour has it that a follow-up album has been recorded, again in Los Angeles, and features Joe Bonamassa on guitar!
on 12 December 2015
Really great album with not a duff track to be found anywhere. I'm reviewing this album even though I've yet to receive my copy. Fortunately I have prior knowledge.
on 28 March 2015
Not really sold on a lot of this album, I guess I expected more of the blues band type stuff.
on 13 April 2015