on 12 December 2012
I bought this item to secure my children's scooters at school. However the first day I used it there was a shower of rain. The unit has rusted and totally seized up. I cannot believe it has done this and is still attached to the fence at school, I've tried everything including WD40 to free the lock but it having non of it. I'm disappointed that I waisted my money on what looked like a brilliant product.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 April 2010
I bought this to replace a similar item that had broken. I use it to padlock together two kitchen cupboard doors in a holiday property abroad that we do not want guests to get into. This means that the link between the doors needs to be as tight as possible otherwise guests will open it as far as they can and get inside (believe me!). It would help if this had a cable that could retract when locked, that is that you could tighten once in position. Despite shortening it as much as possible before doing it up you still need a bit more slack to make the connection than is required when fastened. Otherwise it is fine!
7 people found this helpful
on 15 February 2017
Nice lockable tether. I don't suppose it would resist someone indefinitely, but that's not really the point here. It's handy just to be able to lock a bag down while you take a nap, to stop someone sneaking off with it. I've also used it to lock windows by wrapping the cord around the handles.
on 12 August 2013
Got this to secure the bicycle if it's only for a short period (I've a more substancial one for longer periods) i.e popping into a shop, and it's small and easy to carry with you. Good wire for securing that can be selected for length, and the combination easy to set at will. Like it for what it is.
on 3 April 2016
It's definitely a good deterrent and bonus it has 4 dials instead of 3, but wouldn't stop a determined purpose with pliers/cutters, but that's probably expected.
on 14 September 2014
Great as a visual deterrent and really easy to use. Lightweight and portable too so easy to sling in a backpack. I use this to lockup my front (QR) wheel in addition to a huge d-lock securing the frame and rear wheel.
on 26 March 2015
won't stop someone with a pair of pliers if they want your skis, but it does stop people taking the skis by mistake
on 9 December 2013
Decent value for money but fiddly to use when it is cold up a mountain tying skis. I hope it is stronger than it looks but it certainly is a deterrent.
on 17 November 2013
I like these. The cable is certainly strong and sturdy and it has a good enough length. I have used it to secure my luggage to fixed items with success.
on 22 July 2013
Works OK as a temporary fix to lock up to three bikes together outside the cafe. It does take up quite a bit of room in your mini saddle bag