Format: DVD|Change

on 29 June 2015
I was pretty disappointed in this. I am a big fan of Geoff Thompson. Bruce lee gave us the physical side of fighting and I believe Geoff gave us the secrets of psychological warfare knowledge. His early book the fence was worth a pound a word compared to years of training in various disciplines only to freeze in fight situations. Bouncer was a brilliant BAFTA winner that was close to the core. Unfortunately this film is lame and disappointing.
on 3 March 2015
i read the reveiws on this,,and they all seemed positive, everyone saying how good it looked on a low budget. it is not a good film. its lame. i couldnt tell what era it was suposed to be in..the lead actor..bad...and un likable...no one seemed like you wantecd to like them. so honestly, dont bother
Terminal loser Danny decides to study the Fistic Art to control his fears and help him be a better father to his two girls; this leads to a job working doors with some of guys from the local gym. Into a world of hooligans, drunks, drug dealers and heavies Danny loses some of his chums on a long voyage through murder and prison. The plot has a nice twist but tends to be a bit too wordy.
on 16 May 2015
The 4 star reviews must be by people who worked in the movie or are friends of the actors because this has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen, The acting was terrible, very bad plot and story line and a total cringe-worthy film from start to end. Well no after 40 minutes I gave up with it. Please do not be fooled by the rave reviews. Absolutely diabolical
on 22 January 2015
Believe the reviews that it is badly acted. Also the costumes and attempt at "period" setting. Managed to maintain my interest, but really cant be too positive about it. Could've been a lot lot better
on 23 January 2009
I saw this in cinemas recently, it is awesome. The film delivers on so many levels. It has a deep message of controlling your fears and achieving your goals. The usual brit gangster film followers should be happy with the amount of violence but this film is so much more than that. Great acting, lol moments and even had me choked at one point.

A true gem of a movie.
on 21 January 2009
Having read and loved the book "Watch my Back" I went into the cinema a little aprehensive as to what I might witness. I came out mesmorised having sat through 90 minutes of one mans struggle against adversity to become a big hero in a hard hitting world of gangsters, street fighting and drugs. I LOVED CLUBBED, it literally blew me away, ive already seen it 3 times and am counting down the days til its release on dvd. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who wants to get away from the one liners and gangster cliche of Guy Richie and his followers, this film really breaks the mold and is sitting pretty at the top of the British gangster film pile. Watch it, its inspiring.
on 24 January 2009
Like some of the other reviewers I came to the film having enjoyed the book, and was wondering what they would make of it on the big screen, because some books are really difficult to film. The rewrite, with a solid storyline, has been adapted really well, and with great familiar faces like Colin Salmon, it's really 90 minutes of action packed stuff. But it's not a gangster film, it's about one man's triumph over adversity. And for 80s music buffs it's probably worth it for the sound-track alone.
on 16 March 2009
What a fantastic film. Having read 'Watch My Back', I was prepared for the violence, although in no way was it gratuitous; what I wasn't ready for was the humour and tenderness weaved into the film. Very gritty and true to life story that will bring out the British love of the underdog who fights back. Watch out for the great twist at the end.
on 24 April 2009