on 18 August 2010
I prefer the square Quadrante to the rounded Senso Machines. It seems much quicker and a little hotter. It has the option to adjust the drip tray to three different heights which would be useful when doing a small after dinner coffee.
The water tank is easier to fill as it sits flat on the work surface. I would have liked the water tank to be just a little larger, we were using the large water tank that holds 1.5 litres of water on the old machine and could get four large mugs from the tank before refilling, the tank on this machine only holds 1.2 litres.
We did find we would get some leakage from the old machines but have not had a leakage with this new shape of coffee machine. The water tank on the Quadrante sits within the machine (making for a sleeker look) and not on the exterior.

We have used a Kenco machine (very similar to the Senseo) and two Senseo machines in the past (both still going strong) but when I was sent and email for the Quadrante Coffee pod system from Phillips with a 40% discount off the price several weeks prior to the UK release. I liked the look and decided to get the new machine, it looks very modern and should fit in perfectly with most kitchens.
on 1 September 2009
Great machine easy to use and clean with no mess.

Wide range of pods available and makes a good cup of coffee every time.

I prefer the styling of this compared to the other Senseo machines available in the UK, it also has a far larger water tank.

Note:
This machine comes with a European 2 pin Plug and no English manual but this can be downloaded at [...]
33 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2009
We previously had the original cylindrical senseo machine which is now being enjoyed by my step-son. We got this new one first because of the larger water capacity and this is very good. The adjustable cup stand is also very good although it does rattle a bit. The "coffee duck" that allows you to use ground coffee and not a pod does not fit this machine . You need the other plastic pod thing.
If you have never had a coffee machine before I would say you should get this one. It's cheap, easy to use, reliable, it looks very, very cool and the seseo pod system is by far the most flexible. We are pleased with our purchase.
on 8 December 2009
This machine is fab, looks like one of the expensive expresso jobs but makes the wonderful senseo coffee. The only niggle is it does not come with the beautiful square mugs as in the picture and you cannot get them seperately. All in all I am over the moon with this.
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2010
We bought this for a small church office where we have frequent meetings and it is great for the job. We bought a cofffee duck (make sure you get the right one) and that works fine too. We also use a tea pod holder with ordinary, decent quality round tea bags and it makes a reasonable cup of tea, without having to use expensive tea pods.

It only takes a minute to warm up, then stays hot for a while. Once warmed, you can make drinks very quickly. It has a large enough water tank to make enough drinks for about 5 people. There is very little mess and I love the fact that the senseo pods are biodegradable - just like fat teabags. (This is a big contrast to some other machines that spit out lots of plastic pods.)

My only criticism would be that the single serving is quite small. You can of course use the "double cup" setting (and just one pod is strong enough for me) but then you need quite a large mug. I feel that the single cup setting is not quite enough for a middle-sized mug and the double setting overflows a middle-sized mug. Otherwise it's great.
on 22 February 2010
Really love the New Senseo Quadrante, it is very stylish looking and gives a bigger cup of coffee than the original Senseo,it also easier to clean. I first saw the Quadrante whilst on holiday in France last September and fell in love so was disappointed to find it was not yet available in the UK. Thankfully through Amazon we have been able to get one even thought it came with a continental plug on.
on 6 September 2012
Absolute cracking coffee machine, the water container did smell to start with but vanished after about 3 days.Really fast delivery as it came from Germany, it arrived 3 days after I ordered it, cannot beat that. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001PH7IUC/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title
on 23 January 2011
I received the Senseo Quadrant for a Christmas present and initally was very pleased on opening the box. however I was soon to be disappointed. Following all instructions the taste of the coffee was awful. This was due to the plastic water resevoir having a very strong smell which in turn tainted the coffee. This smell disappears with repeated rinsing of the resevoir but quickly returns.
I have since read of this problem on other review sites. However my biggest disappointment came after contacting Phillips UK customer service, who not only did not reply until being contacted twice over a two week period, the only advice was to make 40 cups of coffee using one coffee pod!! Not helpful!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I have been unlucky but a replacement resevoir is the least I expected from Phillips..
on 1 July 2011
this machine is great!! it looks good, simple to use - even for my simple work colleague :). A huge range of coffee available, branded and non-branded. The coffee is always very hot and tastes great! Having killed 3 perculators previously this is taking the hard work very well and is still going down well in work!! It takes up very little space and looks very stylish-black is definately nicer than the white. Can't say more about this great machine. There is currently promotion on philips website for 50% off using code SQ6MP that lets you buy the machine for 49.99 - real shame we can't get it in ireland or i'd buy another machine for home! Buy it you won't regret it!
on 4 February 2012
Firstly like one or two others have mentioned this item will in all probability come with a European 2 pin plug. Perhaps it would be nice if a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter could be included to save the faffing around involved in fitting a new plug?

Straight out of the box, having changed the plug, I washed the system out as per the supplied English instructions then went about making a cup or two of coffee.

Having previously owned the HD7840 Senseo machine the Quadrante follows a very similar pattern regarding the filling of the water tray, inserting the pods, and use of buttons etc. Although I do think that this model warms the water quicker than my previous Senseo machine.

Unlike one or two other reviews I can honestly say that I have not experienced any tainted taste to the water or the coffee whilst using this machine.

I'm of the view that this particular model is more of design looker than the traditional other Senseo machines in terms of it's square shape and black gloss (albeit plastic) finish. The ability to raise or lower the height of the cup/mug tray is a nice useful feature too.

To top off an otherwise good experience regarding this purchase I bought this item using free delivery from a German Amazon seller and the item arrived in under 3 days with full item tracking along the way!

See one answered question