on 11 January 2012
These really are excellent guitar leads,they are hard wearing, and they have moulded plugs so there is no chance of cables pulling out of the plugs.
I have bought cheaper leads in the past but they dont last,this is the second one i have purchased the first one i bought about 2 years ago and is still like new in excellent condition and is used almost daily,they are well worth the money,i think the best lead i have had,also excellent soud quality no hiss or buzz,you will not be disapointed with this lead.
on 3 September 2015
I had to return the set of these leads as one of the leads was faulty and was breaking up the signal chain on my pedal board. Moreover, over the years I found Planet Waves cables very unreliable in general. Despite life time warranty I only managed to get replacement for one faulty (3m) lead. The second warranty claim on another (3m) cable was ignored by the company despite wasting time writing email, taking photos etc. The third lead that broke under light use was the 6m one I bought a while ago, which I won't even waste time to make the warranty claim on. Despite looking good and solid PlanetWaves product don't live up to the premium price you pay for them.I found the cheaper the Stagg cables more reliable, in fact never had issue with those.
review image
on 31 March 2011
I recently got into playing guitar and the cable I was using was actually awful! I don't have much money to hand so I bought this and it does the job perfectly and makes the sound so much better! I've tried a few of my brothers cables ranging from £5 to £40 worth and this one definitely comes out best as it is flexible, durable and virtually eliminates crackling. And of course there's the lifetime guarantee. You can't really go wrong if you're looking to spend less on a decent cable.
on 18 November 2013
After using Fender 'California series' cables, Fender custom shop tweed cables and various other cables that broke easily, I bought these cables as the reviews were good. And these are fantastic cables. No noise interference, great shielding low capacitance so all the tone and dynamic of the sound is transmitted whereas cheaper cables lose the sound. Other cables also have lots of background noise whereas these have none even when using headphones it's unnoticeable. I use a 50's classic telecaster and an Orange micro terror and once using these cables the difference is staggering compared to Fender cables.
on 3 April 2016
These are well built cables as I have come to expect from Planet Waves. However, I wanted these as patch cables to connect together some Boss effects pedals on a Boss pedal board and they are too chunky for the pedals to fit side by side in the slots provided (the jack plugs hit each other!) especially as the jack sockets are situated directly opposite each other. Its a real shame but not the fault of the manufacturer but the designer of the pedal board.
on 26 April 2016
Having previously bought the 10foot straight cable and that being a heavy weight good quality cable I thought I'd buy the right angle one to go with it. Bad idea, this is a very thin flimsy cable that has no insulation. If u knock the cable (or flick it) the noise is heard through the amp. Every movement of the cable generates noise through the amp, it's really poor. D'Addario cables (which this one is) are so very poor quality, it's £7 going straight in the bin, total waste of money! My advice - do not buy this cable!
on 27 January 2014
Other than saying they provide great sound quality and a lifetime guarantee, "bendy" makes these patch leads an epic life saver. You can bend them, shape them, anyway you want them. Ideal if you don't have much space, or when the buggers have put the power input right next to the jack input the f*!&*rs. You know who you are!

Pack of three. Comes in different sizes. Great price. Every single cable of mine, from patch to speaker is a Planet Wave and I've never had a single malfunction. I still use two I bought 8 years ago. Say no more.
on 7 December 2015
"Cheap cables" I hear you say. "Nothing worse than cheap cables."

I agree.

Fortunately these are neither cheap, nor rubbish.

They're a reasonable price and appear good quality. The cable is thick and flexible, everything is moulded. Am using to inter-link a bunch of pedals. I'm sure more money buys tougher cables for people who're regularly gigging, YMMV.

Personally I'd buy these again.
on 31 October 2015
Not as great quality as some of their other products or cables they produced 10 - 12 years ago.

Mine only lasted a little over 2 years and has become faulty. I have another planet waves cable from about 12 years ago which is still going strong.

I'll update the review based upon the support I get from them being that this cable has a life time warranty.
on 18 January 2016
The feel like good quality items and they did the job of patching my sons pedals together but only 4 stars for a very simple reason. The plugs are very bulky, they project from the side of the pedal and prevent you from putting the pedals close to each other. Dont get me wrong you can get them pretty much close enough by butting the input right up to the output or another, and I guess it depends of the pedal board / layout you are using.... Just something to be aware of.

See one answered question