Customer reviews

on 26 April 2015
I love this book. I have already read it but had to buy it on kindle so that I could keep it and read it anytime.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 October 2004
I was introduced to Samantha James quite recently, through not being able to find my usual authors. Well, what a surprise. This book has everything, the struggle of a conquered nation and a woman right smack bang in the middle. It had premonitions, it had the fear that pervaded most people then about supernatural ability. Merrick may have been Norman, but he wasn't a brutal man, he came across as being willing to believe, Alana, not trusting anyone because of her fear of not being loved, just not being accepted for herself.
I loved this book and eagerly await delivery of all the other novels by this author. This story will tug at your heartstrings and stay with you long after you have finished it. A definite keeper, try it I promise you won't be dissapointed.
on 23 February 2002
This book is one of the best romances I have read. I have never read Samantha James before but I would definitely read more of her books.
The heroine Alana has a strong personality and will not accept Merrick as her conqueror, although to do so she must fight her own conflicting feelings.
There is also an element of friendship between Alana and other Normans, coupled with the unease of her own people.
This is definitely worth reading, one I started it I couldn't put it down.
It bought the whole era to life.