Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

I have always listened to The Fray - but it was only their debut. I have played the album 'How To Save A Life' to death over the years, and always intended to check out their self entitled second release, but never did. Holding out no longer, I bought it last week, and haven't stopped playing it.

The album really does follow on from the first, there is no change, no surprises - it's just brilliant, addictive mellow rock music. The Fray's frontman Isaac Slade once again passionately sings the beautiful, well written songs, which will inspire you, move you and make you personally reflect, as all good music should.

'The Fray' is very similar to 'How To Save A Life', so if you enjoyed the first, you'll love this. I don't think it will win the band a great number of new fans, but it's great to hear a indie band that knows the style that they do so well, and decide to stick with it on the next CD.

'You Found Me' ('How To Save A Life 2'?) is a song that I've loved ever since I first heard it on the radio, and I would play many times whenever I needed to be reminded that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. It was nice to have a track that I was already familiar with, but the other highlights that were new to me include 'Happiness', 'Where The Story Ends' and 'Enough For Now', the moving story of the bad relationship that Issac Slade's had with his grandfather.

I really do love this album, and I only wish that I'd bought it sooner. Time to check out the third ...
on 20 February 2009
This album seems to have quietly slipped into the charts unnoticed, and it wasn't until I saw it in a shop that I realised it was released. The Fray are perhaps one of those groups that slip under the radar too often, and don't get as much of the aclaim they deserve.

The Fray's self titled second album is brilliant. On first listen it didn't seem that different from their first album, but now that I've listened to it several times its still growing on me. I kinda consider them to be a slightly more mellow Killers. Mellow songs with meaningful lyrics are interspersed with more dramatic ones that are performed with such conviction that it made my skin tingle.

I recommend that you buy this CD, especially if you are a previous fan but also if you are just stumbling on this and like similar groups. In my opinion, this CD is better than their previous album, 'How To Save A Life', and shows a very promising progression to their career. many great things yet to come I hope!!
The first time I played `The Fray' I have to say I was a little dubious as it felt very much like the first album. The first album was so good that may not necessarily be a bad thing, but it all just felt very samey.

Then I gave it a few listens, got to know it a bit more and some tracks started to stand out. `You Found Me' starts gently and then when the beat drops in you get a rush from the feeling it creates. `Say When' is another gentle starter, but by the time the end rolls by it has built to quite a crescendo. This album gives us the vocals and piano hooks we loved from the bands debut and whilst it has a similar feel, it also has enough of a voice of it's own to keep you interested. I hear the band are in the studio working on their next album as I write and if they turn out another album along these lines, but with maybe a touch more development then I will be a happy fan indeed. This is still great song writing from a great band that is well worth checking out.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 16 March 2016
Love the Fray.
Love this album
on 10 November 2009
I bought the first fray album a while ago, and loved it, so when I decided to buy the new one I thought I'd listen to it non stop. I didn't though, I just left it in a corner and ignored it because I don't like listening to new songs without knowing the words.

After playing on repeat though I found it to be one of my favourite albums of all time! If you liked the first album you'll love this one. It's even better. I recommend You Found Me, Happiness and Say When :)

Get it! It's ace x
on 26 May 2012
This album is by far the best album the fray have done, songs like 'happiness' and 'you found me' are incredible, i can listen to them over and over. if you like the fray get this album, if you are new to the fray and want to listen to some of their best material then get this album.. just get this album! :) it's one of my fav albums ever. hope this helped :)
on 9 December 2012
Definitely my favourite The Fray album, with all their best songs. If there is one album of theirs you need to buy, its this one.
on 12 February 2009
I think this is a fantastic album, certainly on the same level as their debut, and possibly even surpassing it. The guitar riffs are subtle and simple, (most notably on Say When and Absolute), and further between each other than the first album allowing for a different sound. Again, the piano is excellently played, and Isaac's voice carries the songs well. Definitely worth buying.
on 18 November 2011
For all folk who love the sound and lyrics of The Fray, this is a must have! The more you hear the better it gets!
on 14 February 2009
This album marks a strong return for the fray after their debut 'how to save a life' eventually got big in 2007 having initially being released in 2005 (in the US at least), the album was strong and produced some well known singles, now they return with 'the fray', first impressions were good and the album has been growing on me since, one thing to say is that the album probably lacks a big hit single like 'how to save a life', however, for me the strength in depth this album has is outstanding and songs such as 'enough for now', 'syndicate' and 'you found me' are personal favourites. Having said that the first 8 tracks on the album are all of very good quality and are extremely listenable. Overall I probably prefer this album to the debut and the lyrics in particular are excellent. Four stars only because the last 2 songs on the album are a slight let down.