on 14 February 2011
This clothes airer arrived swiftly, and does what it says - my only criticism is that the quality of the rope supplied with this product is sub-standard, very rough, unattractive and probably prone to fraying. We replaced it with nylon rope which does the job much better, but added to the cost.
on 4 May 2011
This airer is of excellent quality, I wish I had space for more as unlike other indoor dryers anything you hang on this one late evening is completely dry by morning. The ceiling is the most effective place for drying!
on 8 April 2011
We wanted a simple clothes airer for the utility room and thought that this one looked a reasomnable bet - especially as it was far cheaper than some others. A mistake.

The whole thing was shoddy, flimsy and badly made and finished. The castings are in aluminium which has not been finished off very well. The wooden slats are four thin pieces of cheap wood, slightly rounded off at the edges, and in our case one of them on closer inspection turned out to be split along part of its length. The rope to operate it is coarse and unattractive.

However, the worst part of all are the pulleys. The instructions say to drill a pilot hole, grease the screw and then screw it into a joist in the ceiling. Unfortunately because the pullies are also made of cheap aluminium one of them snapped before it could be screwed all of the way in. We complained to the supplier who tried to tell us that because we had attempted to use the product that our rights to return it had gone. Presumably we should have inspected it, seen that the screw would snap and returned it before trying to fit it! In the end they offered to send us a further pulley - but guess what. It snapped as well.

Life's too short to carry on complaining - so it went to the municipal tip the following Saturday. When we can find a shop that sells them, so we can inspect the quality, we will buy a better one

Moral of the story - if something is cheap there is usually a good reason and beware of retailers that take the view that the customer is always wrong.
on 4 February 2010
Beautifully packed very fast delivery. The airer itself is extremely well made with good instructions.
Highly recommended.
on 3 January 2012
Delivery and packaging good. I was initially disappointed in the quality of this item however once installed and away from close inspection, it appears and functions well.
on 1 March 2015
Love it! Drying washing has never been so satisfying as when you can take advantage of high Victorian ceilings to squirrel it up out of the way. The fitting instructions were easy to follow and also very detailed if you are a first timer. I'd recommend a good sturdy step ladder for drilling upwards though...
on 6 February 2013
I honestly don't know how we survived without this. it keeps the wet clothes out of the way, they dry really quickly , it was easy to fit, I really love it
on 24 February 2012
This product is fine. It's not the highest quality of materials, and maybe a bit overpriced, but it 'does what it says on the tin' and we're perfectly happy with it.
on 17 September 2014
This is a brilliant version of the old-fashioned clothes airer that I remember at my grandma's house when I was a child. It was easy to install and does a very good job of drying clothes, as it is positioned above a radiator (put the heating on to test the airer). I'm looking forward to the colder weather, when the heating is on and being able to dry the clothes on this rather than on the radiators. I will be buying my daughter the longer version of this product. I would definitely recommend this product.
on 16 February 2011
Well made and solid. Clear instructions. This airer is not only practicle but it is a good decoration item. It also saves on energy.