Customer reviews

great music
on 4 June 2017
Brilliant
on 7 August 2013
I didn't know much about this band, but really liked the "That Girl" song. I found out the artist & decided to buy a couple of their CD's & am pleased with them.
on 8 May 2014
I have just ordered this and unfortunately you don't get an mp3 copy of both albums, just Wild Young Hearts. I assumed you'd get both but apparently not. It wasn't clear to me so hopefully this will help someone.

I really like the music though and would still encourage you to try them. You can obviously rip the CD to mp3 later.
on 2 January 2015
Was happy when this was delivered so promptly after i orderded it until i opened it and the case was very damaged and this was going to be a present to someone as well,don't think i will order a cd again as this has put me off,haven't got time or money to replace item so will look like i am giving a 2nd hand present when it is given to person i purchased it for!
Let's start with the name.

I love it....love it to bits in fact.

It's nuts how no-one thought to use it before.

(I didn't research the above assumption and will
doubtless now receive an almighty slap on the tail
from a Harry or Sally far cleverer than me for
my ignorance).

Noisettes have given us a cracking little album here.

11 very fine songs performed with fierce confidence
and self-belief.

The guitar/bass/drums formula is augmented with
subtle use of keyboards and electronics in all
the right places. Never too much - never too little.

Ms Shoniwa's voice is vibrant and full of life and despite
it's occasional limitations is always fresh and captivating.

Opening track 'Sometimes' is a composition worthy of the
late great Jake Thakray (....ask your Grandad to explain).

The woozy off-kilter opening harmonies lead into a beguiling
and unpredictably shifting melody. Easily one of the best songs
I have heard so far this year.

The dancefloor thrash of single 'Don't Upset The Rhythm' is
a blast of five star pristine pop - consumately executed.

The sunny "la la las" and handclapping of title track
'Wild Young Hearts' are delightful. It slips easily in and
out of it's big show tune production to reveal the rock solid
pedigree of this fine little band's instrumental skills.

Likewise '24 Hours' - the bass/drums backbone pins down yet
another winning composition. The chorus is irristible.

Truth be told there's not a bad track to be had here.

'Beat Of My Heart' is a stormer, destined to be a show-stopper
in live shows.

'Never Forget You', with it's playful sixties references, is
for me the album's highlight. A pure unadulterated slice of joy!
(Mr Large's sprightly string arrangement deserves a special mention).

Final track 'Cheap Kicks' draws the project to a classy conclusion.

Noisettes seem to have burst into the listening world
fully formed and totally fabulous.

We'd all be nuts not to take note.

Highly Recommended.
44 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2010
From start to stop, this album is full of really superb music. Off-kilter enough to avoid being too mainstream, but poppy enough to stick on in the car and tap your foot along to. There's a great combination of retro-sounding melodies and song forms with modern rock/pop/electronic instrumentation, and the lead singer has a pretty great voice, certainly good enough to belt out the material on here and sound like she really means it.

Honestly, I haven't heard a better album in a quite a while. It definitely has a summery, light-hearted vibe and is possibly a touch 'girly', but there's enough substance in their to make it enjoyable by just about anyone.

Really, it's a very, very good album indeed and I would recommend it thoroughly. I'd give it 4.5 stars if I could.
on 18 April 2009
Absolutely awesome album! The lead singer has an amazing voice, and their songs are fantastic. For some reason, I can't help but think they need to get this girl to do the lead song for the next James Bond soundtrack. She's got the voice to do it.

As I'm a sucker for 50's/60's/70's music, my two favourite songs have got to be 'Wild Young Hearts' and 'Never Forget You' which are simply outstanding coming from a band in the 21st century, and songs I reckon will be remembered in years to come.

A MUST BUY!!
on 23 August 2009
I was looking forward to receiving this album because of the success of the first two singles released from it... however I was slightly disappointed. Why? I can't really put my finger on why, but I was expecting something 'different' and in my humble opinion the album was definitely average.

However, on the positive side, it is easy to listen to so ideal to put on when driving, or in the background over dinner etc.

I think I'm being generous giving this 7/10 for this album, not what I was hoping for... but it's okay.
on 15 October 2009
I had heard a few of the Noisettes tracks on the radio and loved the vocals and music. It prompted me to think of buying the CD. When I checked on Amazon, I was very pleased to see they had samples of all the tracks to listen to. I was amazed by the clarity and soulfulness of her voice and the beat of the music - a wonderful combination.

During the year I only buy a few CD's so I try and choose carefully. Once Wild Young Hearts arrived I popped the CD in the car and then played through about 8 times (with some tracks repeated) before I changed the music.

You might not realise I am not some young wipper snapper, but 55 and have a 12 year old daughter (even she loves this CD). This album should become a classic as there are no bad tracks, just some of them are slightly better than others.

This is definitely a 5 star album and should appeal to all age groups. I rate this as a must have album - so buy a copy today.