Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 20 November 2014
Most episodes are great
on 4 May 2009
Having been a fan of American Dad ever since Family Guy changed, in my opinion it was for the worse, I loved the first season. My initial fears were that American Dad would go the same way as Family Guy ("Just like the time...", over-extended jokes, the characters becoming more bland - just to name a few problems) but season 4 (or "volume" as the box would have us believe) is still the same great show. I could name a few problems (like the lessons that are learnt at the end of nearly every episode and the secondary plotlines getting in the way of the main plotline, blah blah), but all you have to know is that the gags are still there and they are as witty as ever. For whatever reason you loved American Dad it has been brought into this season as well.

My only real issue that I do bring up seriously and which brings my rating down to 4 stars is that the writing team seem to think that rape jokes are really funny. I kid you not they try to make rape jokes, maybe not actually about a woman getting raped as such but it's enough to make me uncomfortable (and I'm as anti-PC as you can get). I don't know what the general opinion of this is but this is my opinion.

Let the laughter continue...
on 28 December 2015
very funny dvd
on 15 January 2017
super show.
on 30 December 2009
American Dad is one the classics up there with The Simpsons, Family Man, King of the Hill. It is a Laugh. But I like it for it's mickey take of the American way. Yanks like to think they have a sense of humour, but we Brits know differently. In American Dad they tend to make a fool of them selves and i don't think they realise it.
Thats why i like it.
on 22 August 2011
American Dad is now becomming more origional than family guy. I still love family guy but this is a really good buy. (Apart from when they always rip down Avril Lavigne) :P
on 15 August 2009
the best series of american dad yet, just oozes comedy and style from all angles. family guys older cousin so if u dont like it ul love this its not as obvious