on 6 September 2012
I've got to confess...
I have a slight problem.
Here's what I do:

1) Buy lots of DVDs at once. Coming home to a bunch of post in like Christmas every day, not that I recommend this.
2) Those DVDs sit there for a while, sometimes months or years, neglected.

I did curb my addiction, but recently decided to skim through some highly favourable films on Amazon. One's I'd not watched before.

Changeling was one of those films.
However, step 2 was happening.
Earlier today, me and my girlfriend couldn't decide (or agree) on what to watch.
I suggested Big (with Tom Hanks) - another DVD that'd come through the post (though I had seen that) - and she said this. She'd watched it before and despite being very persistent with saying it was a great film, (though not fully remembering the plot) I was in one of my 'Mehhh' moods, feeling like I didn't want to watch anything drama, or heavy in plot. "BIG!" I insisted.

Anyway, we ended up flipping for it and her film (this) won out.

Skip forward a couple of hours or so and I say, "Thank you for making me watch that".

This film is absolutely incredible, and if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour and see it!

Here's an overview of the plot:

Christine Collins (played by Ms. Jolie) is the (single) Mother to her only child, Walter.
The film is based on a true story, surrounding some serial killings in the 1920's.
It's not exactly what happened (I found out, after a quick check on Wikipedia) but, My God, it's a very twisty, turny, on-the-edge-of-your-seat film.
One day, Christine comes home to find her Son has gone missing.
5 months later, the LAPD (L.A. Police) contact Christine to tell her they have her Son.
She is taken to the train station to be re-united, but when she sees 'her Son', she is adamant that it is not her Son at all.
Regardless of telling the police this, they persist by saying she's still in Shock and he's been through Trauma, so won't look exactly the same.

I had no idea what would happen as the scenes played out.
I thought perhaps the Mother was deluded after all.
I forgot that this film was based on something that actually happened, so I kept feeling frightened by the fact that this did really take place. Serial killings, 9/11, the Holocaust ... Boy, do we live in a crazy World?

This film kept me gripped throughout (and I'm pretty much a fidget with attention deficit disorder), it contains some massively emotional/dramatic scenes, an excellent cast and phenomenal acting. At times, I really wanted to step through my TV to give Christine a hug and reassurance. There are some characters you will be guaranteed to despise. It's a film that will pull you in, if you are human. I can't criticize or fault it. Nothing feels put on. Everything feels so real.
The ending left me pretty speechless.

Everyone should see this film.

By the way, I apologise if I've spelt anything like an American.
Google Chrome makes me question myself.
No, Chrome, Apologise is spelt with an S, not a Z!

5 Stars.
on 13 June 2017
One of my favourite films! Angelina Jolie played a blinder as the mother whose child was missing. There were a few surprises throughout the film but by far the most shocking was the fact that this was a true story. Would highly recommend.
on 26 April 2017
Very good movie and excellent acting from Angelina as always.!!
on 19 March 2017
film that can be watched again
on 29 May 2017
perfect!
on 1 May 2017
Perfect
on 3 March 2017
Acting by all concerned superb topped by Angelina ..... full marks to casting who never get a mention...that boy convincing the police eh? The brutality of the staff in the institution barbaric. A tool for officialdom
on 22 June 2017
Great story....and sadly, it's true!