on 18 March 2017
Another great work by Attenborough. As usual I don't understand how they can get most of the videos. They must sit out for weeks or years waiting for the few minutes of excitement. I learned a whole lot from this, and I have studied a lot of natural history.
on 6 April 2017
lovely, had the free with the paper version but these are better I am glad I got them
on 1 February 2015
This is the Godfather of all documentaries (I say the Godfather as everyone does but I prefer Goodfellas). Anyway back on track this series is absolutely amazing. Some of the scenes are breathtaking and you've got to admire the camera work. The will of wildebeest and the skill of the grizzly bears are stand out episodes. The great migration and great salmon run are mind blowing at times, David Attenborough's voice is complimented with just jaw dropping scenes filmed in stunning HD. The bluray edition is recommend if possible, having bluray now I wouldn't buy any documentary on DVD again if I had the choice of bluray. It's a must buy for any nature fan.
on 23 March 2013
BBC can definitely do better than this. I will send a complaint to BBC Earth / 2 Entertain as there actually is a digital dropout in this! The picture quality is a bit unsharp / low quality overall. Strangely enough the "diaries" (the Making of's that end each episode) are sharp, although the picture is a bit unsteady in those, as they are filmed with cheap video cameras.

I wonder what has happened? It is probably in the master, and did BBC not think it was worth it to make a proper transfer of the film? Planet Earth, 2 years earlier, has absolutely stunning picture quality. I'm disappointed.

I won't give the whole series a bad rating though, as Nature's Great Event is a good quality series. It's just this release that is substandard.
on 19 June 2014
wildlife from nearly every continent in summer winter ,spring,the polar bear,the sockeye salmon run and grizzly bear,africas cheetahs,lions and drought,whales new born,a double dvd set of a series once on tv and again if its got david Attenborough narrating it as well you know you are buying a brilliant wildlife ,quality dvd
on 21 August 2013
What can I say about this that hasn't already been written? Not a lot, except to say I endorse the comments of past reviews! I have got "Planet Earth DVD", and this is just as good. No, I haven't got a Blu Ray Player, but you don't need one anyway. An essential edition for anyone who likes Attenborough and who enjoys Nature Documentaries! Add this to your collection if you enjoy Attenborough and Nature!
on 8 January 2012
How many of us have the opportunity to travel and see such wonders? Probably few. How many of us are aware of the riches that exist on Earth, the ecosystems that are related to each other, the perfection that exists in nature? How many of us understand that WE DEPEND on our surroundings? Probably few. Most of us take for granted and people have come to destroy without understanding the role of these ecosystems, animals and sooner or later will affect us all.

Thank you for the remarkable achievement of this documentary. You showed in small part how wonderful are the planet we live on. Cherish what we have been left an inheritance !!!!!!!!!

Stunning images, clear and dynamic sound. Congratulations for the courage, patience and hard work. 7 stars for everyone involved. Thank you BBC and Amazon have made available for such a documentary on Blu-Ray.
on 5 February 2012
If you liked "Planet Earth", "Life", "The Blue Planet" and "The Frozen Planet",,,
- - - Then you need to get "Nature's Great Events".
This is a great compliment to the others and also to the vast series of documentaries with David Attenborough.
I have heard some people try to pull these documentaries apart, but remember they are for your viewing and to be enjoyed by all. So treat yourself to some great events - oh and don't be worried about it being a compilation of other films, the D.V.D stands on its own many feet as an individual. I have done my research and only have a few left to collect.
"Nature's Great Events" is a must buy and a great follow on from "Planet Earth".
Many thanks and all the best.
Paul (the Bass).
on 9 November 2013
Today's wildlife camera teams have the equipment, the skills, the patience, the determination (and the financial backing) to produce the material needed to illustrate the fascinating stories about life on our planet which David Attenborough tells so well. This selection of large-scale events creates a very powerful impression, especially as so few people actually have the opportunity to experience them in the flesh.
on 14 November 2013
Bought this as a gift for Christmas for my grandson. Know he will love it as anything to do with animals is a must see for him. As he suffers severe dyslexia this is a great way for him to obtain the knowledge regarding wildlife without struggling with books. He adored the Blue planet and Planet earth dvd s so I know this will be enjoyed by him