Format: DVD|Change

on 17 August 2009
Going from series 1 to 2 I was furious at the unannounced change in the lead voices. Here the voices of Charlie and Lola have changed yet again, but this time the newcomers are no better or worse than their predecessors. The standard of episodes remains high. "Our shop sells everything" is amongst our daughter's favourites, and all children who like to play shop will be likely to enjoy it too. "I am inventing a usefullish invention" is also a lot of fun. But it is difficult to pick out highlights as just about every episode has its charming, funny, and inventive moments. Few series, in my opinion, score so highly as "Charlie and Lola" on creating children's TV that communicates emotional values instead of providing a mere diversion. Keep up the good work, BBC!
on 19 February 2013
This was our first Charlie and Lola dvd and have since bought more. The title story is great with Lola's friends all giving her suggestions on how to stop hiccupping - such as pat your head and rub your tummy, all 'old wives tales' which Lola tries out but keeps getting hiccups! My daughter has taken all these on board and tried them out herself when she got hiccups - very cute and goes to show how much of an impact these programmes have had. All of the stories show different aspects of children's lives - hopes, fears and work through them looking at many different views. In one Lola is frightened of thunder so Charlie tells her about how thunder is 'made' and other types of weather as well as Lola saying what she thinks thunder is - very good and some facts too. All of the stories are good, some are firm favourites and some have become the favourite of the moment!
on 2 October 2011
I ordered this dvd and 3 others from amazon and within 4 days I had received all 4 items.Very fast efficient service and product exactly as advertised.
on 10 June 2009
Charlie and Lola is a huge hit in our family both with my five-year-old daughter and my son, who is nearly two. This DVD gives them a substantial dose of new episodes, is easy to navigate and great quality. Perfect for a rainy afternoon!
on 7 August 2011
Have a four and a 2 and a half year old and they both love this. Would definitely consider buying more C&L dvd's!
on 8 September 2010
It's great to find a dvd I actually enjoy watching with the kids. It's a bit like a cartoon version of Outnumbered when you smile because you recognise your own kids. Love it !
on 23 January 2012
Charlie and Lola really is a brilliant children's programme. My little girl loves to watch it and actually I quite like it too so I don't mind watching her DVD's over and over. This particular set is not her favourite due to the fact there aren't many appearances from Sizzles the dog but it was excellently priced for such a fab show.
on 28 November 2010
My (almost) 3 year old loves Charlie and Lola, and this series is no different. She has even started to talk like Lola and uses lots of her funny language. Maybe she watches them too much - no wait, you can never get too much of Charlie and Lola!
on 23 November 2014
The whole family loves Charlie & Lola. It's one of the only series I feel 100% sure it has no violence and the scenes don't move to quickly for the eye. Just love them.
on 18 March 2014
My daughter thinks she is Lola and just watches this dvd over and over. I love it myself and I think they are a lovely set of kids.. Entertaining and educational.