on 14 March 2014
ARRIVED WITH CRACKED PLASTIC BASE.
I SUPER GLUED IT AS COULD NT BE BOTHERED TO RETURN THE LARGE BOX TO POST AGAIN.
IT IS A NICE GLOBE WITH OR WITHOUT THE LIGHT.
on 29 August 2015
Got this for a gift for my husband and he loves it.
on 7 January 2015
Excellent little item for the price, it looks awesome!
on 19 January 2010
I Purchased this globe for Grandma this xmas and it has been present of the year so far. She is 91 and so with-it, and wanted to know better where I had travelled and what countries were in the news. She is incredible and has been learning more about the big wide world ever since. She loves it and especially as it doubles up with a lovely glow of light in the corner of her lounge. Great buy! Thanks
on 1 July 2010
I bought this globe for my daughter, having bought an identical one for myself a couple of years ago. The globe in the photograph was exactly the same as my own, but when my order arrived there were some differences to the one portrayed in the picture. The colours were slightly different, but most disapointingly the United States were shown as a single colour, whereas on my original globe each state was a different colour, making it far easier to see boundaries. A google search for Nova Rico globes showed me that there were 2 very similar versions and Rymans had shown the photo of one but had been selling the other. I had bought the globe for my daughter's birthday, so I didn't have time to send it back. Instead I went to our local Rymans store in Derby City Centre and found that they actually had both versions of the globe on sale. When I pointed out the difference in the 2 globes to the shop manager and explained that I had been sent a version that differed to the internet photograph, he agreed to swap my daughter's globe for the correct one. So, in the end everything worked out ok and the version of the globe that I ended up with is superb.
on 1 August 2012
Delivered in good packaging 2 days after ordering. Bought to light up a dark corner by the bookshelf and the amount of light is perfect for this without being too bright. The power lead is just over 1 metre, which isn't long enough for it to sit on top of the bookshelf and it's too big to sit on one of the shelves. It's very light in weight and doesn't get hot after leaving the light on for an hour or two, so the table beside the bookshelf could be the place for it without having to worry about the 3yr old damaging or getting damaged by it.
The globe itself looks great, however there is a bit of a lip around the equator where the two hemispheres meet. The curved bit of plastic that holds the globe at each pole looks a bit cheap though and spoils the ye olde effect a bit.
on 12 November 2012
This is such a nice looking lamp! I don't like bright lamps,and this one is just so easy on the eyes,simple to fit together and looks great,and a world globe to boot! With Christmas just around the corner,if you are looking for this type of lamp as a present,you can't really go wrong with this
on 31 December 2012
Although I agree with the other reviewers that this product is let down by the plastic base, it gives off such a lovely warm glow at night that I feel so cosy and drift off in peace. I love this item and am very glad I bought it.
on 17 February 2016
The globe arrived exactly as I wanted and was working within a couple of minutes. It is very classy and is Italian made. A great product from a respected company. Already fitted with bulb which was much appreciated.
on 6 March 2013
This globe is a cute antique-looking thing perfect for the desk. I had to send it back as the the base was rather dark, so didn't quite fit with my desk colour. The magnifying glass is a great detail, and the illumination super. The only one I would have bought if it would have had a lighter base.

The customer service re the return was outstanding, they really went out of their way to accomodate me and I got a full refund. Would recommend the globe and that company to anyone.