VINE VOICEon 20 June 2010
I love mp3 players. After 47 years of listening to music I have a wealth of music and I am still buying music today. Over the years I have spent thousands on sound systems and records/cd's. What better way to listen to music without upsetting others (which I have done often) than by sticking some little pods in your ear. I have got 2700 songs on this IPOD player. It is annoying though that they call it a 16GB but, just like computers you don't get 16gb you get 14.8. Now THAT is a rip off. Can't take a star off though because this is already 5 star plus plus plus and more!

I have had several mp3 players over the years, the CREATIVE brand and Apple have been the best I have tried. The thing I find frustrating at the moment with Apple is the big gap between the 16gb storage of the NANO and the 160 GB of the classic. There is nothing from Apple in between. 16gb is not big enough for my record collection but 160gb is way too big. I did consider buying the 160gb anyway but what swung it was the radio on the Nano. I love having the choice of radio or my cd's. You can also pause live radio if you want.

The video, though a nice addition, I wouldn't waste valuable music space by storing any videos on.

I don't think the sound is any different between the 4th generation and the 5th. I found the ear pods don't fall out as often as my 4th generation did. I don't know why that is because they all look the same. My reason for upgrading was purely because I had the 8gb and needed more space. As it turns out I need more than the 16gb....oh well....Dear FAther Christmas, if those nice people at Apple bring out a 30GB IPOD with a radio in (preferably DAB) then please please could I have one? I promise to be good etc etc

Update - Still brilliant but the pedomitor does not work. It seems to be an issue which Apple are ducking at the moment. When the pedomitor is on there is an annoying clicking sound and the speed of the track playing varies. The pedomitor suddenly stops working for no apparent reason as well. So you know you have done 5000 steps but the screen shows only 1262. Then for no reason it starts working again. Annoying but not the reason I bought this brilliant piece of kit!!!
on 31 December 2009
This is my first ipod, bought for use in the car as i was fed up with my cds and of course terry wogan has gone!! Very easy to rip cds onto the ipod, very easy to create playlists either by using genius or creating your own for different situations eg driving to work, driving home from work, evening listening etc. you can get the artwork for the albums very easily which peps it up a bit and shuffle works well too. the transmitter I bought for the car only took a couple of minutes to set up, so no problem there. Have also bought a lead to plug into my home stereo system so can play the ipod from that, thereby enabling me to clear the clutter of cds. I have only touched the surface of what this can do...camera is superfluous to me, but it works well, there's also a pedometer, again at the moment superfluous but no doubt of use to some and there's more. I didn't think i owned many cds but am glad I bought a 16GB as I have already filled nearly half of it and will no doubt go on to store more. Great fun, a great buy, recommend.
on 16 September 2010
I bought this to replace an existing MP3 player, which, although cheap, was "clunky" to operate and difficult to view the display in sunlight - a problem when on holiday.
My partner has a previous generation ipod and I had read comments about the ease of use of ipods in general - which was my biggest gripe about the MP3 player I had - so I decided to go for this.
As expected, it is easy to operate and the video camera is a bunus, actually producing quite good quality images, even when uploaded and viewed on my PC.
My only reason for not awarding 5 stars is the iTunes interface for managing music on the ipod. although I have now set things up to transfer music manually, the initial default automatic sync takes some time to understand and work around - a simple Windows-type drag and drop would be much easier, although to some extent this is what I have now configured using the manual set-up.
on 6 December 2016
A day late which got me a bit concerned, but worth a little wait. Really pleased with the nano this version has more features than I knew about and it syncs perfectly with my in car playback kit. It's in really good condition and came with USB cable and ear phones.
on 8 October 2017
Was okay at first but now battery doesn't last very long and screen has big lime through it like its water damaged. Which is weird because it doesn't leave the house and there's only me and boyfriend using it in a dry room! Will just have to fork out for a new one next time
on 2 June 2013
I treated myself to a new iPod Nano 5th Generation, as my 1st Generation iPod Nano had fallen out of my bag, and some lucky bugger picked it up (or it got squashed on a car wheel). Anyhow, I love this item.

It holds over 3000 tracks
There is a video camera feature
Can read books/watch TV shows/movies
Battery power is good
Shuffle feature
Has an inbuilt pedometer (handy as I love to walk)
It is compatible with my Apple remote control
Downloads music quickly
Lovely colours

Overall, this item is great and I would highly recommend that you buy through this seller.
on 10 November 2015
Cool Nano ipod, from the best brand on the planet.( almost !!! )

This one is great for use in the car.

Good sound.

Easy to use.

I love it.
on 15 October 2017
bought this for my Dad for a Xmas present and he loved it it's easy to use stores loads of songs it arrived on time and in good condition highly recommended
on 7 December 2017
Received the item but sadly it will not hold its charge, it will last for about 3 records then the battery dies. I have brought a new charger but this has not rectified the problem. Guess I am unlucky and I brought an item that does not work properly :(
on 15 January 2010
I've never been an Ipod fan until I bought this for my son for Christmas, and to be quite frank, I was impressed, very impressed. It's slim, sleek and very easy to use.
It plays music, videos, radio, records video, games and has an address book.
The sound quality is excellent through the headphones supplied and it even has a built in speaker. But don't expect much from that. The speaker works but, isn't loud and the quality is mobile phone like. That said, how they got a speaker in something this small is amazing. (A note on the headphones, my 7yrs old son struggles to keep them in his ear).
To up load music on to the ipod you will need a computer/laptop and Apple itunes software. This software is freely available and is straight forward to use.
The Nano seems very well constructed and pretty sturdy, although to keep it looking nice, I'd recommend investing in a cover/skin/sock for it. (they start from a couple of £'s).
The radio works very well and is RDS enabled, (it shows the name of the station), but you do need the headphones plugged in for it to work. It easily found all the local radio stations.
The video camera is a great extra that's not found on the previous version. The quality is fine for recording your mates messing around etc, but you wouldn't use it as a main video camera at a special occaision. Annoyingly though it doesn't take stills, (photographs).
The display is very clear and easy to read and the menu system is so straight forward I was able to find my way through it without having to read any instructions.
If you intend taking the Nano away on holiday etc, you will need to buy some sort of charger as the only supplied method of charging is a usb lead to charge it from your pc/laptop. (You can buy a mains to usb charger for well under £10).
I've managed to get over 1,000 songs on to it so far and there's still about 25% of the memory left. The amount will vary depending on the file size and quality of each track). If you're a huge music fan and have loads of it, go for the 16gb version for not much more money.
There are hundreds of of MP3/MP4 players on the market. Some will do not as much as the Nano and some will do more. Prices vary massively. Ipods are not the cheapest multi media players around nor the most expensive but, their connectivity is becoming standard fittment and I think it's worth paying that little bit extra for that and the quality.
I was so impressed... I bought the company... well, may be not, but I'm going to get one for myself.