Top critical review
6 people found this helpful
Potentially fantastic blades ruined by terrible handling.
on 30 July 2015
- These blades are made from very strong, high-carbon steel (can take 35kg of stress before bending, according to the included literature).
- The honed edge is exceptionally sharp, as can be expected from a reputable brand like Stanley.
- The blades are all very well-greased, which makes for easy switching of blades.
- Every blade had 1-2mm chipped off the front and back of them when they arrived. A few chipped tips are to be expected, high-carbon steel is much more brittle compared to other blade materials; but for every blade to be chipped is in my mind unacceptable.
- The dispensing case, while good as a storage device, will only dispense 3 or 4 of the 10 blades before jamming. I had to pry open the container with a small screwdriver to access the rest of the blades.
- The blades themselves are quite good, but by the time they'd reached me they had been made almost worthless; something which I found hugely frustrating, as I'm a Prime user.