Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Britax Römer HEAD SUPPORT
Colour: Black|Change

on 20 November 2017
I'm not really sure how to rate this because it's a one is certain senses and a five in others. One first general complaint is that I don't understand how any seat that's on the market these days doesn't come with a headrest built in. I got this to go with our Britax Eclipse, which is otherwiss a lovely seat and great for air travel, but there's nothing to help keep a snoozing toddler's head supported. Not wanting to go off market and compromise on safety, I chose this.

Before ordering this, I noticed that it is frequently unavailable and I think I now understand why. It arrived in the usual Amazon packaging, which was in good condition. However, when I opened the box, the Britax Römer box inside was crushed and covered in so much dirt and dust that the product itself (which was not even protected by a plastic bag) was filthy. These must either be returns that were tossed aside and Amazon has found or they've been stockpiled in hidden corners of various warehouses God knows where for God knows how long and Amazon is hunting them down one batch at a time to feed customer demand.

I complained to Amazon about this and they refunded my money, but let me keep it. After a thorough washing, I attempted to attach it to my seat, which seems like it would be a simple task. Nope. The bottom part is intuitive enough to attach--you just latch it onto the straps. But there's also an adjustable elastic band around the center of the back that has me at a loss. Just where this is supposed to go only the Britax Römer gods know because there is no instruction manual, not even a flimsy piece of paper to explain it. For now, I have it threaded through the upper harness slot, but once my son is tall enough to need to use that slot, there will be no place to attach the elastic band. I am truly flummoxed!

The headrest itself is actually quite nice, comfortable, useful and (thankfully) easy to wash. It's a shame that what could be s decent product is marred by all of these issues.
on 22 August 2015
Helps support babies head once you manage to attach to car seat which was a bit awkward.
on 17 October 2014
This product was very expensive for what it is i think, its not even britax labelled. It falls off my child's straps everytime i lift him in or out the seat but it does the job, its great on ling journeys so i know he's properly supported.
on 23 February 2015
Very over priced. Annoying to use as it can't be securely fixed to the head rest so it's just a faff to put in when my son is in his seat and he has also pulled it off easily too
disappointed.
on 5 October 2017
Fits perfect and very necessary accessory for the Britax car during transition age about 1-2 yrs.
on 18 September 2017
The straps that allow you to attach it behind the seat, ripped far too quickly, but sadly outside of the return date.
on 12 September 2017
Difficult to mount. We never used it.
on 13 December 2012
bought this head support to go with my britax car seat as my son was long and weighed enough for the next size car seat but i had concerns that his head was still so little and would flop about when he fell asleep. after one day in his car seat my concerns were correct and i ordered this product. although slightly more expensive than bog standard head supports, i am over the moon with this product! it holds my sons head in lovely position so he can sleep, its not too tigh and
he looks really comfortable. wish i had bought one when my daughter was young. a must buy.
on 19 September 2013
I have it now so use it but am not impressed with the design as it slots onto the seatbelts but doesn't stay in place (I'll sew hooks and eyes or buttons and loops onto the bottom at the back as soon as I get the chance to). I have a Britax First Class Plus seat, which is specified as compatible on the box - this was a gamble in itself as very limited information was given under product details at the time of buying. I don't feel it was good value, especially when compared with the seat itself which was great value. Having said all this, I don't know whether there's a better alternative. Other reviews said it stopped their child's head falling forward when they slept but unfortunately, although not surprisingly, I haven't found that to be the case (we've had it a month and he's now 7 months old).
on 2 February 2016
Bought this to fit our Britax Prince car seat (cheap buy for a second seat for grandparents for light usage). It fits perfect. I wanted extra support around my daughters head and it does the job. Quality is ok but wouldn't pay anymore than £14.99. Only time will tell if it was a good purchase or not.