Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 1 October 2016
The trouble with American dvds is the language difference and calling them diapers instead of nappies is confusing to a child with autism, however, the basic idea gets across and in all honesty, I don't think it makes much difference if you child is an Elmo fan, then the message is irrelevant. It all depends what you want to achieve and if you think that by watching this, you can toilet train, perhaps think again.
on 18 August 2017
Fantastic DVD great help with one of challenges motherhood throws at you
on 5 May 2017
My daughter absolutely loves this she's watched it endless times. It's really encouraging when potty training.
on 26 March 2009
My youngest child absolutely loves Elmo and Sesame Street. He's started showing an interest in toilets so we got this DVD to add to his collection. It's really entertaining, with lots of songs and different characters, including Baby Bear.

The running time isn't too long, either, so it's finished before the songs start getting on my nerves (usually!).

I love Sesame Street and Elmo shows for children. I think they're very entertaining and educational.
on 13 May 2013
We started playing this for my son when he was 2 yrs old and he still sings songs from it now (2.5 yrs later). It did a lot for de-mystifying the toilet and for making it clear that everyone uses it so there's nothing wrong with using it. I really liked how it covers all the aspects of toileting - how toilet paper is made, why we need to wash our hands, how it takes practice to get things right, etc. A great Sesame St production.
on 17 November 2010
This was an excellent purchase, my 2 year old loves it. After months of attempting to potty train him, it was only after watching this did things seem to 'click', and now he loves going on the potty just like Elmo. The only downside is that they use the term 'diaper', but then it is an American DVD.
on 29 August 2010
This DVD is far better than the potty training books I have bought my son absolutely loves this dvd, it covers using the potty, toilet and goes over flushing and wash your hands afterwards. The sesame street characters make potty training fun and my son loves to sing the toilet training songs. A definite must
on 24 April 2009
This is a brilliant DVD. My son loves it. It is colourful, with some good music as only Jim Henson does, and also contains some useful messages for children who are toilet training.
Well worth the money.
on 21 February 2016
My son loves Sesame Street and this DVD kept him entertained from start to finish. Parents should know that Sesame Street is American, so it was obvious to me before I purchased that they would use different words. I don't understand why some people are slating it because it's American, and saying their children couldn't understand it, as at some point in their lives they will come across other children who speak differently to them. This DVD is designed for entertainment and educational purposes only, so for those who think they can just sit their children in front of it and expect them to be potty trained I have some news for you, that won't work! It gets most children to take an interested in the potty and helps them to understand why they need to use it. A child will only be potty trained when they are ready and with encouragement from parents, so I find it confusing that people think this DVD is some kind of magic tool! It's to be enjoyed by children, and for us it helped our son be more aware of why he has to use his potty. Overall, we find that Sesame Street is entertaining and our son loves it even more when Mummy and Daddy join in the songs etc. Oh, and he hasn't starting speaking American yet! Haha
on 1 May 2009
Fab! My daughter 29 months old and watched this video twice and then asked could she use her potty. Fully trained after 4-5 days (still has the odd accident). I would recommend this video to anyone who feels their child may be ready to Potty Train.